Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Soaphie

Happy bithday to you dear Soaphie.
    You are nearly a teenager now! H have fun tonight.
    Hope you like the popcorn . xxx
    Last edited by jenny; 10-10-2012, 09:49 AM. Reason: typos!"!!!!!!!!
    Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Happy Birthday Soaphie!!!
      You are as youthful as ever! Enjoy your popcorn (Ali's jealous. It's her fav ).
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Happy Birthday Soaph! We love popcorn here too.
        Ed has not had any since diagnosis but still remembers the work "popcorn"
        Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Thing is - Soaphie has never had it - but - it's the only food she actually BEGS for....we'll see how it goes over this evening....
          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Oh fun! She's in for a treat
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Happy Birthday Soaphie! Now you're as old as Hank! Or as young as! LOL Enjoy your popcorn...it's yummy! Hugs!
              Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOAPHIE!!!! Hoping your day was GRRRRR-EAT!
                Kevin
                Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

Happy Happy Birthday Soaphie-a-girl! Wishing you many many more.

Natalie

Comment

Happy birthday Soaphie!!
                    Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.

Comment

Soaphie is having surgery on Thursday morning this week - remove two lumps....one on her magic paw (her left front paw - it's her only white paw - hence it's "magic") and a lump on the back of her left back leg. She will also have her teeth cleaned.
                      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Will be sending positive thoughts for Sophie - hope everything is a success.
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Will pray for Soaphie, Tami!!

How much Vetsulin will you give? Wasn't she one that had to be put on a glucose drip once during surgery even on a small dose? Was thinking the faster acting portion had dropped her a bit low before surgery. I can't remember.
                          Last edited by Patty; 10-15-2012, 10:18 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Yes - she was 175 morning of surgery....I gave 3 units and she did go to around 60

I will test morning of and determine how much, if any, insulin to give. She tends to drop when riding in the car and when going to the vet. I may not give her any - we'll see.

Comment

Best of luck to Soaphie! Hoping for smooth surgery and speedy recovery!
                              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

will be thinking of Soaphie and her magic paw. hugs, Judi
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X