Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long has your dog lived with diabetes so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long has your dog lived with diabetes so far?

Revised to make the responses visible.

It takes a while for these polls to populate - they are always seen by currently active members first and those are usually people whose dogs were diagnosed fairly recently. So give some time for the senior senior diabetes paws to show up.

If, like our Chris, your dog has passed on, please vote with how long your dog lived with diabetes.

Natalie
    Less than six months
    0%
    Six months to 12 months
    0%
    More than 1 year, less than 2 years
    0%
    More than 2 years, less than 3 years
    0%
    More than 3 years, less than 4 years
    0%
    More than 4 years, less than 5 years
    0%
    More than 5 years, less than 6 years
    0%
    More than 6 years, less than 7 years
    0%
    7 years or longer
    0%

Re: How long has your dog lived with diabetes so far?

Sorry to whoever just voted! I forgot to check the box that makes the votes viewable and it wouldn't let me fix it so I replaced it.

If you click on a number, it will display the user names of everyone who voted in each category.

And, as I said in the last version, if your dog is on the verge of a milestone when you vote, it's okay to round up since I only update this every six months!

Natalie

Comment

For those of us who have had (or have) more than one diabetic dog, the vote only works once

Comment

I voted twice
        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post
          I voted twice
          you must know what you are doing better than I. It just says you have already voted. No big deal, just thought i would mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joan View Post
            you must know what you are doing better than I. It just says you have already voted. No big deal, just thought i would mention it.
            You can pick more than one response when you vote.

I voted 3 years, since it will be 3 next month.
            Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

poor jesse she is all alone at 5 years and less than 6 .

nice to see such a large number of diabetic dogs at 3 years but less than 4 and 4 years but less than 5 a very good trend for the future
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Sable... more than 6 years before she passed. In my eyes, the best dog ever. Miss her everyday.

Comment

A bump for this poll.

Comment

Mildred, 7.5 years diabetic before losing a battle to bladder cancer.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Bumping this up for Bella Blessing and all the other pups!

Comment

Working...
                      X