Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetic Neuropathy

Hello,
    I am new to the forum, I have an 11 year old German Shepard/Golden mix named Phoenix. She was diagnosed with diabetes on April 27th, 2013. It hasn't been a month yet, but my doggie developed signs of diabetic neuropathy around May 8th, with signs of her back limbs growing weak and very wobbly. Last Satuday May 11th, she lost complete use of her back legs evenly. Went to two vets, they did not know what was going on and recommended several tests. I found this forum and after reading information about diabetic neuropathy, and how to treat, I changed her food Monday which got her blood under control right away (and has been holding great all week) and now happy to report that she has regained some feeling back in her legs and now walking (still very weak, but using her legs instead of draggin them behind her). She started using her legs Wednesday of this week with progression yesterday & today. It has only been a few days, but I am confident she will regain full use :-) I really appreciate all the information that this form had provided and thank you to all the wonderfull people who love their doggies/pets the same as I do.

Female German Shepard/Golden Mix, Feeding her: Ground Turkey, Grean Beans, Carrots & Cottage Cheese. Insulin: 11 units 2x day
    Last edited by bevimarie; 05-17-2013, 11:52 AM.

Re: Diabetic Neuropathy

That's wonderful to hear!
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Re: Diabetic Neuropathy

Welcome to the forum,

I'm going to copy your post and start a new thread for you in Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog. I'll name it "Phoenix" so it will good for anything you want to discuss about Phoenix.

We like for each pup to have their own thread in Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog so that it's easy for everyone to look back at the pups history in one place.

Craig

Here is a link to Phoenix's new thread: http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4906
      Last edited by CraigM; 05-17-2013, 01:10 PM.
      Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Working...
      X