Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

So sorry to read about Jesse.
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Thank you Craige and Daisy dog

I dreamed of Jesse last night . Very comforting .
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
        Jesse taught me how to really care for another in the true sense of the word . She taught me how to take a healthy approach for myself which I believe saved my life a premature death as I followed her lead with a superfood diet ( we actually ate the same things mostly ) . She helped me to understand medical stuff where I did not have a clue . I believe she contracted diabetes to make me a better person . That's how unselfish she always was .I will never be the same person when me and her were together . We all understand that when you lose a loved one they take a bit of you with them and a bit of your Identity is lost but that's how life is . We are constantly evolving throughout our life and these beautiful souls contribute to that and Jesse was the most beautiful.I hope to see that tail up and that hound dog howl chasing that white rabbit again in the afterlife my Jesse girl.

Thanks to this wonderful forum helping me to understand how to manage this disease so we could have a long wonderful life together.
        wow - just wow - something told me to pop on here today - and bam - here it is....Jesse Girl - the legend. I love your tribute to her and your constant dedication. I do believe they are brought to us to teach us lessons...each of our dogs teach us something - and all the members of this forum, their dogs also teach us lessons. Jesse Girls lesson was this: chase the rabbits and believe in the mama <3

Hugs to you - thank you for sharing Jesse girl with us for SO many years...I hope your heart is healing...

Tami (Soaphie and Sydney's mama...now I belong to Karl and Kaj <3)
        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I'm so sorry to read this, rest in peace sweet Jesse Girl.
          Your long wonderful diabetic journey not only taught so many but gave us strength and confidence in knowing we can do this.
          Love and hugs...

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Jesse's love will live on in all of our pups, you and her have made such a huge impact on this forum and helped quite a few of us. I have been mostly a lurker here but its been such a big help with the regulation of my bud.

Comment

Thanks Tami, eileen and Mr greg for your kind words

I am on a nationwide drive to visit family and friends . I got Jesse's blanket as my seat cover . She was always my copilot . I will be curious to see if my daughters dog can smell and remember jesse from the blanket as she spent some time with her maybe 6 years ago

I am definitely getting my doggie fix as everyone has a dog and I think the dogs kind of sense that I need a bit more attention .
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

I haven't looked on the forum much since my little Pippi passed away at the end of May. I just saw that your sweet Jesse has passed to the Rainbow Bridge.

I was so sad to read this. I burst out crying, actually. You were so helpful to Pippi and me, and it wouldn't have been possible without your Jesse. Jesse was such a little trooper, wasn't she? What a long journey you two had together. You both helped so many people and their diabetic dogs.

Jesse is now whole again, free from diabetes. She's leading the pack in full cry as she chases all those rabbits at the Rainbow Bridge.

Comment

So sorry to hear of Jesse's passing - I thank you so much for all the advise you gave to me for Yukon over the 1 year + of his diabetic life. I miss him so dearly and cannot imagine the pain you have been feeling.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Jesse was a special dog.
                  Last edited by YukiesMom; 07-30-2021, 02:31 PM. Reason: add a word
                  15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 11.5u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken and chicken bone broth. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.

Comment

I just heard of Jesse's passing. Have not been on in a long time, but I remember you and her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I have a foster diabetic Yorkie, Ruby, these days, who also is EPI. Blood work last week did not make the vet happy. We are doing a follow-up blood test tomorrow for Addison's. I'm clueless! I've had Ruby for 2 years, as she is a senior with issues and basically unadoptable. It may be time for me to transition her to family. I'm attached, and she's finally become that way, too, I think.

Best wishes to you as you travel!
                    Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
                    Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
                    Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
                    Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

So very sorry for your loss... They are never with us long enough...
                      Godspeed Jesse and gentle hugs for your mom.

Comment

I am so sad to hear about your pup's passing..my heart breaks constantly having learned of Mike's Lilly as well..After just losing 2 of my pups, I am spending 24/7 trying to regulate Suzie's BG..and kept thinking how you and others were able to develop your own insulin program to stabilize your pups' BG..Since DVM put her back on NPH, I am administering 1-2 units of regular 4-5 times/day..BG from 100-650/700 on a regular basis. You are such a good caregiver and seem to have known exactly how to manage the DM1...What a good mom you have been...I know that your heart is hurting so..I am soooo sorry!!!
                        Last edited by bichons9; 09-16-2021, 02:35 PM. Reason: spelling
                        Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
                        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

Originally posted by bichons9 View Post
                          I am so sad to hear about your pup's passing..my heart breaks constantly having learned of Mike's Lilly as well..After just losing 2 of my pups, I am spending 24/7 trying to regulate Suzie's BG..and kept thinking how you and others were able to develop your own insulin program to stabilize your pups' BG..Since DVM put her back on NPH, I am administering 1-2 units of regular 4-5 times/day..BG from 100-650/700 on a regular basis. You are such a good caregiver and seem to have known exactly how to manage the DM1...What a good mom you have been...I know that your heart is hurting so..I am soooo sorry!!!
                          Thanks

Its very difficult to get any consistency withy inconsistent feeding . Its something I worried with jesse as she got older but for the most part even with doggie dementia I was able to keep her sugar in a good place

I used regular insulin for the first few years and after that it wasn't necessary

Fiding what works for your unique set of challenges is what's needed and adapting to it . Its all trial and error

Comment

Working...
                          X