Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Foster Dog Lucy - 7 yr old Aus. Cattle Dog

Thanks for the pictures, Rick. I can never see enough pictures of Lucy or read too many updates on how she's doing.

No surprise that Lucy's new family is in love with her already. And good news about her eyes too!

Comment

• Lucy Update

Just got an email from David. Lucy is doing fine. Her diabetes is regulated, the eye doctor says her retinas are fine so she should have great vision if all goes well.

Her surgery is scheduled for next week! Paws crossed.

Rick

Comment

• Re: Lucy Update

Hey Rick!

I was just thinking of you and Lucy and I was going to post later tonight to ask if you have had any news about her from Dr. Dave and Connie.

I'm all the way up here in Canada and have never met Lucy in person, but I miss her ... or maybe I just miss seeing new pics and hearing Lucy stories.

Please update again as soon as you hear anything ... anything at all!

Comment

That's great news!!
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Man, I miss Lucy! When I wanted to know how she was doing, all I had to do was email you Rick and ask...

Will be very anxious for news about the surgery.

I'd also like to hear what her regimen is these days - we might all learn something interesting. Maybe you can convince them to give us an update!

Natalie

Comment

Glad to hear from you Rick, sounds like Lucy is doing fine, and eye surgery next week, that should go well, its all good !! We do miss you.
              Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

I was just thinking about how lucy was doing. Glad to hear she's getting her eyes done. Won't she be the cats meow then !!!
                Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

• Lucy can see!

Got an Email from Dr. David. Lucy has had her cataract operation & can see again!

David tells me her post op recovery is going fine.

Rick

Comment

Lucy says the next cone should have ice cream in it!

Comment

got an email from dr. David. Lucy has had her cataract operation & can see again!:d
                      great news!!!!!!!!!!
                      Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Thank you so much for the update, Rick! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our beautiful Lucy can see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Please tell Dr. Dave and Connie thank you for the update too! We know Lucy is really now their girl, but she'll always be our girl too, and it's so great to hear how she's doing.
                        Last edited by acushdogsmom; 06-23-2009, 03:23 PM. Reason: to add a P.S.

Comment

• Re: Lucy can see!

Originally posted by Fishslayer View Post
                          Got an Email from Dr. David. Lucy has had her cataract operation & can see again!

David tells me her post op recovery is going fine.

Rick

Oh how I can relate to those pictures right now .... looks like such a good dog awesome!!!

Comment

That is such great news!!
                            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

• Re: Lucy can see!

Originally posted by ravenecw View Post
                              Oh how I can relate to those pictures right now .... looks like such a good dog awesome!!!
                              Fantastic news I am so pleased for Lucy she looks so relaxed.

You must feel very proud Rick big pat on the back you got her to where she is today. Well done
                              Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Aw.... she is always so beautiful in her pictures. I'm very excited to hear that all went well.

Of course, her former owners are offering ACD pups for sale again... I wonder what their customers would think if they knew what they did to Lucy?

I'm so happy for Lucy! I'll bet she's dyin' to get out of that cone!

Natalie

Comment

Working...
                                X