Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surplus insulin and supplies

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately our little guy succumbed to diabetes. We tried hard to fight it and now have a surplus of different insulin, pens, syringes and needles. It seems such a waste to just put it in the garbage. Not looking to get anything for any of it but would like to have shipping costs covered. Based in Canada so it would probably be easier to ship within Canada. If you are interested in anything in the pictures in the album linked below, send me a private message.

http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/album.php?albumid=634
    Zeus: 14.5 yrs, Yorkshire Terrier, diabetes diagnosis May 11, 2018. 5 kg, prescribed 2.5U Cansulin every 12 hrs. Fed 120g w/d wet food and 20g hills dental dry food every 12 hrs. Lives in Canada with 18 month pocket beagle.

Re: Surplus insulin and supplies

I am so sorry to hear that

That is great you are offering it here, and I am sure it will be put to good use.

Comment

So sorry to hear your little guy,Zeus, passed.
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. When I lost my Gus in March, I donated his supplies to a rescue organization that has on-staff vet. They were very appreciative of the supplies. I donated meters, strips & syringes. I disposed of the insulin. I had quite a supply of strips on hand because I was buying them when they were on sale and kept a 6 month supply on hand. Kept one meter in case I get another dog and would need a meter.
        Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
        10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

R.I.P. Little GUY!!!!!
          Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

Working...
          X