No announcement yet.

Doby has gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am right there with you guys! We let Maggie go on Monday and it was the worst thing ever. Losing her was so much harder - I think we have such a close relationship with our diabetic dogs than any other pets. It felt so contradictory for me to end her life when I spent so much time trying to keep her alive. I loved her too much to let her suffer any further as you guys did with Doby. I wish I knew how to get through this feeling - Morning and night feeding times have been the hardest times, but it is like a black cloud following me all day. The vet called to say her ashes were ready today which set me off again. I wasn't expecting it.

I just keep thinking she would want me to keep going and I bet Doby would want you guys to smile again at least for a few moments.
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

• Re: Doby has gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

So sorry about what happen to your baby I know your Doby watching you now and he become your angel. Rest In Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by amydunn19 View Post
        I am right there with you guys! We let Maggie go on Monday and it was the worst thing ever. Losing her was so much harder - I think we have such a close relationship with our diabetic dogs than any other pets. It felt so contradictory for me to end her life when I spent so much time trying to keep her alive. I loved her too much to let her suffer any further as you guys did with Doby. I wish I knew how to get through this feeling - Morning and night feeding times have been the hardest times, but it is like a black cloud following me all day. The vet called to say her ashes were ready today which set me off again. I wasn't expecting it.

I just keep thinking she would want me to keep going and I bet Doby would want you guys to smile again at least for a few moments.
        We are right there with you in regards to feeding times. We have found ourselves saying on more than one occasion, it's 6:00 Doby needs to be fed and get his shot.

We picked up Doby's ashes from our vet today ... which set this range of emotions back into a tailspin.

I'll be in prayer for you and Maggie as well.
        Greg

Comment

Oh gosh, another of our forum babies. Hugs to you, and know that time does help ease the pain. I am so sorry

Laura
          Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

So sorry to read about your terrible loss. The first weeks without them are awful.
            Hugs,
            Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Doby's Daddy View Post
              We are right there with you in regards to feeding times. We have found ourselves saying on more than one occasion, it's 6:00 Doby needs to be fed and get his shot.

We picked up Doby's ashes from our vet today ... which set this range of emotions back into a tailspin.

I'll be in prayer for you and Maggie as well.
              Greg

I am so sorry for your loss. It will be three years on New Year's Eve and I still wake up at 6:00 am, and feel the need to rush home at 6:00 in the evening if I am out. I have become the clock watcher. Not sure if I will ever break the habit...but each time I do remember my Abby. I found the first year the hardest. Take care of yourself, and perhaps one day you can open your heart to another.

Barb
              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
              X