Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a blood Glucose Tester that works really well for free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a blood Glucose Tester that works really well for free.

My dog just passed yesterday and he lived 4 1/2 year with diabetes to 14.5 years old he was a lab. I lost Rexx from old age and cancer he was the best dog ever and so very strong. I learned so much about diabetes and made some mistakes as well.

I have the tester I used for Rexx that works very well and I would be happy to give it to someone I know will use it to give their pet a good life like I tried so hard to give my Rexxie.

Please send me a Personal Message if you are interested in the meter.

Re: I have a blood Glucose Tester that works really well for free.

Jen,

I am so sorry to hear about Rexx, and sorry that I didn't get to know you. I'm sure Rexx enjoyed a great life with you, and it's clear that you cared so well for him. It's very hard when they leave us, and we all understand the pain and heartache that is left behind.

I think it's incredibly nice of you to offer his glucometer to people here. I wish the world were filled with people like you.

Kevin
    Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

Jennifer - I am SO sorry you lost your Rexx. My Kumbi also died of cancer, not of diabetes.

For a Lab to reach 14.5 years is already amazing - then add the diabetes, and it's clear you did extremely well for Rexx. Kumbi only made it to 13.5 years old, though they say the life expectancy for Australian Terriers is about 11 years (to my surprise, as my Kwali made it to 14.5, no diabetes - died of lymphoma).

You'd be most welcome to stick around the forum; with your experience, you might have a lot to offer other forum members. We'd really be glad to have you posting.

What kind of meter is that?

This is wonderful of you.

It's SUCH a heartbreak to lose a dog, especially when you've put SO much into the dog's well-being.

Big hugs to you, along with my condolences.
      Fri, 16 Dec 2011 19:53:21 (PST)
      http://www.coherentdog.org/
      CarolW

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss. It's never easy, no matter how long we had them with us.

How very kind of you to offer your meter! I suspect Natalie might help point you in the direction of someone who needs one. However, you might also consider giving it to a dog rescue organization. When Ruffles passed, we gave alot of her stuff to one through our vet.

Also agreeing with Carol: we'd be glad to have you continue to post here. Many of us are still around after losing our furry friend.

Mary
        Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
        Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
        Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
        Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Bless you and Rexx..It's never easy but though he may be gone, he will always be in your heart. Huggs and prayers to you today.
          Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Rexx - and your generousity is amazingly touching
            You should stick around if it's not too hard.
            bet you have a lot to share
            Jj
            Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Jennifer,

So very sorry for the loss of Rexx.

We lost our Buddy just 12 days ago and it's still so hard to believe he's gone.

How nice of you to offer the meter - it may help save another dogs life. What a great rememberance in honor of Rexx!

If you need to vent or whatever, we're here to listen.

~hg
              Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark on a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour. - John Boswell

A Doggy Story

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss, Jennifer! Losing Rexx after so many years must be so very hard! If you need to talk...we are all here and would love to try to help you work thru it if you need it.

Hugs and warm thoughts your way!
                Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

I'm so sorry about Rexx and you are too kind to be thinking of others when you are so sad.

Judi
                  Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. What an inspiration you two are, to have handled diabetes for so long, and for him to life a good age, but it is never long enough. Godspeed to Rex.
                    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
                    X