Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jake

Linda,

The Pure Balance Grain Free Salmon and Pea that WalMart carries looks very similar to the food if you can't find it anymore. It may not be the same but just glancing over the panel, it looked very close to the same to me.

Amy
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I was able to get off work early and thank God I found it! Bought three 30pound bags. Thanks everyone for offers to check. Amy, I'll get a bag of the food at walmart and see how it works so Imight have a back-up.

Jake
      13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
      At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

They do look very similar. It's possible that they're both manufactured by the same company. I think Walmart owns Sam's, doesn't it? I know Tractor Supply's 4Health brand is made by Diamond and their formulas are pretty similar.
        Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

• 2 years for us!

Jake had his 11th birthday this month and tomorrow is his 2nd sugar anniversary. I'm very thankful for all the help I have received over the past two years. I check in everyday to see how everyone is doing.

Jake

Comment

• Re: 2 years for us!

Oh, congrats - that Jake is a handsome fella!
            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

yay for birthday wishes and anniversary's which just shows how a dog can do good with this disease and live a normal life

wonderful picture keep up the good work
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Congratulations for both.... Birthdays are wonderful to celebrate... and so are sugar-anniversarys.

So glad that he is doing well.

Barb
                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Congrats on the 2 year anniversary. Jake is a good looking boy

Carol & Milo

Comment

woohoo,
                    Happy birthday and sugarversary...It felt like a milestone for me and Sissy when we hit it Good job, keep it going!
                    Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Happy birthday, Jake! Congrats on the two year sugar anniversary!
                      Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

What a handsome fella! Congrats on two big milestones!
                        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Just thought I'd bring up Jake's thread while celebrating his Birthday and Sugarversary!! Hearty congrats on both.

He is sooooo handsome!

Natalie

Comment

Thanks. As soon as I posted I realized I didn't post it in our thread. I tried to delete it but couldn't!

Jake

Comment

Happy birthday/sugarversary!
                              Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Happy sugarversary
                                Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Working...
                                X