Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Jesse girl

Well done. Gives us all hope for a long life for our pups. You're a great resource on here and we appreciate your input.
Wishing Jesse many more years.
Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:37 AM

Best wishes to the Birthday girl! Love to here these positive updates!
Old 10-23-2018, 10:58 AM
Founding Member

thanks raysaint and lize . We are visiting my mom and me and jesse went for a walk and met a jack Russel . He looked like an old fellow little white goatee beard on his chin getting around pretty good . I asked the gentlemen how old he was and he said 21 his sister lived to 22 wow jesse is just a baby
Old 10-23-2018, 10:59 AM

Hi,
I was reading some of your posts and I wanted to thank you for sharing. My Max at the age of 4 was diagnosed earlier this year with diabetes and it gives me hope when when I hear of not only about how long Jesse has lived but that its obviously been a happy and active life.
Best wishes to you both!
Susan
Nature's Recipe Grain Free
Old 10-23-2018, 01:57 PM
Founding Member

thanks suzan

I am quite surprised . When she was diagnosed it wasnt a very good prognosis . I thought she may live 6 months . I had one vet tell me i was harming her but i stuck with what i believed would work and just stuck with it

I am glad she has a happy dogs life
Old 10-25-2018, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Belated Uber-Happy 14th Birthday Jesse!! Wishing you many many more. Wish I could stop by and give you a big hug - you're too cool!

Natalie
Old 10-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Founding Member

thanks Natalie she enjoys lots of virtual hugs thats she gets on the forum
Old 10-27-2018, 12:02 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Jesse and her mom are amazing! Continuing the celebration this month!!!
Old 10-27-2018, 02:24 PM
Founding Member

thanks patty happy days
Old 03-04-2019, 08:39 AM
Founding Member

Just an update on jesse . She has reached her 9 years being diabetic . She is still jesse enjoying chasing rabbits and loving her dinner .

Her symptom from epilepsy have been gone for a couple years and has been in decline for 7 years . Maybe being diabetic and having higher sugar on the brain may help but who knows for sure . Her high anxiety from loud booms has also gone away which must have been related to epilepsy . She also is more social and enjoys cuddles more .

I think jesse has proven you can manage this disease many ways and be successful . jesse has used exclusively a human meter . She also only eats one meal so its possible to give a dose of NPH without a full meal . The other factor you can feed a home made diet and do good . We also are not that exact with food quantities but its pretty consistent . Her dose of insulin is relatively small compared to others and that could be because she is on a homemade diet.

Jesse just constantly surprises me for her zest for life and hope jesse can continue enjoying a dogs life for as long as that can be