Patty's Ali - my precious, beautiful angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patty's Ali - my precious, beautiful angel

beautiful pictures patty . thats a place me and jesse would like to be .

scary fire season already we were surrounded last month or so but we are on the desert floor so not much fuel to burn .

have a safe trip
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Prayers for your friends - and for you as you travel.
      Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

nice to hear your voice again Patty. I'm glad you were able to get away from the chaos for a bit.

prayers going out for your friends and others affected by the fires.

I remember shortly after I joined you were having horrendous fires there
        also.

Take care of yourself.

Tara
        Tara in honor of Ruby.
        She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
        Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Travel safely Patty hope you have a great trip. Those photos are beautiful it looks like a very special place.
          Hugs
          Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

Thanks guys. We are back and I'm working to catch up here. Visited my Ali's resting place while home and pulled the grass from around her stones. I sat and "talked to her" quite awhile.

She'd be going crazy over the fact there's a cat living under my canoe. I think it's feral though I've been trying to coax it into trusting me.

Patty
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I'm glad you got to spend some time with Ali. (hugs)

pretty kitty. Hope you are there long enough to win him/her over.
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Oh my goodness, Jack would be a pacing maniac if there was a kitty living in his yard!

Nice pictures - I know that lakeside well!

I bet you are really glad that your house is on the OTHER side from the wildfire, this year and last. Hope your friends and family are safe.

Natalie

Comment

So glad you are back, from a safe travel, and got to spend some time with your girl back home.

I have a friend in St. Louis that I think has taken it upon herself to catch all the feral cats, and then brings them over to the shelter, that will find homes and work with them.

Barb
                  Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Beautiful pictures, Patty. Glad you were able to visit and talk to Ali. I know those chats help heal that big hole that was left behind. Hope you stay safe from the fires and prayers to all that are impacted by them.
                    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Dog door came off today in prep for the move and replaced with the original door.
                      Will try to sell it to someone moving in the neighborhood.
                      Made me sad to see it come down this time.

Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

that makes me sad too. hugs, Judi
                        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Aww Patty, I thought of you a lot today. I know what a special bond you and Ali had. With how I am feeling today I don't know how you had the strength to put one foot in front of the other.

Tara
                          Tara in honor of Ruby.
                          She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                          Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

I know how you feel... Life has a tendency to move on, and you want to stay back in time, and somehow feel close to that Ali girl of yours.

Moving always make me nostalgic, but when you have so many good memories there, even more so.

Hugs,
                            Barb
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

That's the truth of it Barb.

Tara, I really didn't put one foot in front of the other for several days. I slept in the same place I'd cared for her, next to her pillow on the living room floor for a few days. I wandered lost trying to get things done without really accomplishing much.

My husband encouraged me to go with him when he went elk hunting in the mountains the next weekend and I'm still not sure how he got me to say yes. But I knew it would help to get out and yet not have to be in a social situation and explain anything, so I went. We had a wonderful time traipsing around the woods. No elk, saw a couple of mule deer, which was fine with me. It helped heal my soul.

Everyone grieves in their own way. You certainly know this from the pointers you've lost. But I find that the caregiving bond is a strong one and not easy to transition from.

I also found strength from the people here. After spending 4 years on the board, they became my family and I loved that they knew my Ali and my heart. Some people find they have to leave because it hurts too much or they need to move on. I find comfort here. Take it slow. We are here to listen.

Patty
                              Last edited by Patty; 06-20-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
                                Everyone grieves in their own way. You certainly know this from the pointers you've lost. But I find that the caregiving bond is a strong one and not easy to transition from.

I also found strength from the people here. After spending 4 years on the board, they became my family and I loved that they knew my Ali and my heart. Some people find they have to leave because it hurts too much or they need to move on. I find comfort here. Take it slow. We are here to listen.

Patty
                                So very true Patty. When we lost Buddy I swore I would never put myself through that again and would not get another dog. When we adopted Angus and realized that he was a very sick boy, I told my friend that I wondered why we had picked him over the other ones and her reply was that Buddy had sent him to us as he knew we would give him the love and care that he needed.

Even after 2+years, I still talk to my little Buddy and I know he is smiling down on us for rescuing Angus. This little guy has brought us a lot of joy in our life and has been terrific for Cleo as, at 13, she has found the little spark back in her life.

Only parents of furry friends can understand that and that is why this group is such a great support.

Be kind to yourself and to others
                                Louise

Comment

Working...
                                X