Sonny Farrell June 1, 2004 - September 6, 2016 RIP Little Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Farrell June 1, 2004 - September 6, 2016 RIP Little Guy

Have a diabetic Pug in the house again. I'm fostering Sonny from last night through Monday evening, while the principals of the MidSouth Pug Rescue are at a "Pug Fest" in Milwaukee.

Sonny's about 9 years old, 20 lbs., and was diagnosed about 4 months ago. His previous owners, with 4 kids, turned the poor guy over to a rescue in Northern Virginia when he was dx'd. He lost his vision shortly after his diabetes dx, and the rescue group fronted the funds for his cataract surgery prior to a fundraising effort. These are wonderful folks with huge hearts. He had the surgery Tuesday, and everything looks very good.

Sonny's on 5U of Novolin N, eats W/D, ... now with crock pot chicken. His post surgery meds are:
    • Prednisolone Acetate Drops - 1% 4X
    • Ofloxacin Drops 3X
    • Clavamox - 125mg 2X
    • Metacam 1/2 normal dose (for 10 lb.) 1X

Seems a bit thirsty, not too bad, but that's expected with the meds.

Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Re: Introducing Sonny, A Diabetic Pug Rescue

oh my bill what a handsome boy

just like riding a bike hop back on and off you go
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

He's adorable. I hope he gets a great home.

Comment

what a cutie pie Bill.
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

sure....sure he's a foster - you can call him whatever you want....I call him "home"

He's adorable and is lucky to be vacationing at your home...
          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

LOL, Sissy and I just failed fostering 101. We have a new little bichon mix, LOLOL we know how that fostering goes!!!!! Love it Bill
            Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

He looks very sweet- and has clearly settled in very nicely.....

(We had a foster dog who came here about 3 years ago, and is still with us)
              Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

It must be nice to have a pug in the house again.
                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Originally posted by amydunn19 View Post
                  It must be nice to have a pug in the house again.
                  It sure is. Seems Sonny likes it too. He's been staying real close to me. Right now, he's sleeping under my chair.

He's a real good boy, even lets me know when he needs to go out.
                  Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

What a cutie! Sounds like he is in great hands.

Jen & Mia
                    Mia spayed Labrador--Diagnosed 1/20/14, passed away 7/9/15 at age 11.5 from complications of Laryngeal Paralysis. Diabetic, GI issues, Laryngeal Paralysis. She was the sweetest dog in the world.

Comment

Look at those eyes! I know he will never replace Otis, but he is just as lucky as Otis to have you as his care taker. Even if it is only temporarily. I hope the two of you have a great time. How's he liking the crock pot chicken?
                      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Originally posted by momofdecker View Post
                        Look at those eyes! I know he will never replace Otis, but he is just as lucky as Otis to have you as his care taker. Even if it is only temporarily. I hope the two of you have a great time. How's he liking the crock pot chicken?

Loves it, Holli!

Polished it off in 4 days. I'm gonna be keeping him for a while longer. So, ... off to Kroger for another bird!

W/D with a big appetizer of crock pot chicken rules!
                        Last edited by farrwf; 05-19-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by farrwf View Post
                          Loves it, Holli!

Polished it off in 4 days. I'm gonna be keeping him for a while longer. So, ... off to Kroger for another bird!

W/D with a big appetizer of crock pot chicken rules!
                          Sounds like you are both having a great time - and that he may never give up his crock pot chicken - LOL!
                          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Bill,

Sonny's one good lookin boy there! Enjoy your time with him.

Mike
                            Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                            Diabetes: Aug 2013
                            Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                            Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Originally posted by farrwf View Post
                              'm gonna be keeping him for a while longer.
                              This makes my heart happy
                              Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Working...
                              X