Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Personality change makes me sad

Sounds like a good plan!
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Thank u, will do.I will post how she does and her curve #'s. On the conversion,at2 and relion prime,u always divide by the at2 #, right
      Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Originally posted by stylynjm
        Thank u, will do.I will post how she does and her curve #'s. On the conversion,at2 and relion prime,u always divide by the at2 #, right
        Yes, I divide the human meter reading by the AlphaTrak reading. I compared my Prime twice yesterday:

Prime 69 divided by AT2 98 = .70
        Prime 124 divided by AT2 180 = .68

I'm calling my "conversion" factor as .69
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

So the 70 is the percentage or would be at2 equivalent.sorry,if I have trouble I will post it,then with actual numbers it will make sense!!!! Ur goal is to get what the at2 number would be.?? From using the prime.
          Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

So the 70 is the percentage or would be at2 equivalent.sorry,if I have trouble I will post it,then with actual numbers it will make sense!!!! Ur goal is to get what the at2 number would be.?? From using the prime.
            Yes, using my previous examples I'm going to divide whatever the Prime reads by .69 and that should be about what the AT2 would indicate.

I'll put myself, and Annie, on the spot in about 15 minutes when I test her. I'll use both meters and post the results.... (Drum roll, please)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            About 20 minutes later.

Prime 77 divided by .69 = 112 is my estimated AlphaTrak2 reading
            Then took an AlphaTrak reading and it was 119. Only 7 off from my estimate, close enough for me.

Comment

Having trouble sending post. Lol,great. Got it. Thanks

Comment

Craig, did it. I hope right!! Prime- 146, AT2 222. Came out to 65 %, AT 2 # - 224!!! 2 PTS OFF. Great.Haha,did I do it right??

Comment

I dont understand the kind of blood ur supposed to get for a blood sample.I don't k.ow how to tell.how do u k.ow if u get the right kind and what is the difference.would u not get accurate #'s??? Please explain. I just read it on the meter info??????

Comment

There are two types of blood samples...one is called venous blood and that's what you get when you draw blood with a syringe from a vein like at the doctor's and the other is capillary blood which is what you get when you use a tiny lancet like we do with our blood meters. It IS the same blood...just drawn from different types of veins....veins are larger and carry a much higher volume of blood whereas the capillaries are the tiny veins that carry the blood to all the different cells. We take capillary blood for our meters. In general, you will get the same results whether you use venous blood or capillary blood...is all the same blood circulating thru the body. So no worries on whether it's accurate or not based on the blood you are getting.
                    Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Thanks shellie, the pamphlet was confusing!!!! Got it.

Comment

Craig, did it. I hope right!! Prime- 146, AT2 222. Came out to 65 %, AT 2 # - 224!!! 2 PTS OFF. Great.Haha,did I do it right??
                        Sounds about right. I'd test with both meters a few more times and then figure the average percentage difference. An average of 5-6 comparisons would be more accurate than a single test. For instance, it is likely you will see a small range in numbers like: .65, .68, .63, .65, .64. Add the numbers (3.23), and divide by the number of tests (5). 3.25 / 5 = .65

I'm not really understanding "AT 2 # - 224". The idea is in the future you should be able to use only the Prime, divide the Prime's number by .65 (or whatever the average percentage is after you've done a few more comparisons) and that number would be pretty close to what the AT2 would have produced.

Comment

Sounds good. I figured the at2 equivelant using the prime would be 224,and the at2 was actually 222. Thanks Craig.I am anxious to do curve after a few days on novolin and will post curve #'s. Jackie

Comment

No prob...I work in a lab so it's easy for me! lol So much of this can be confusing, too! Everything is opposite of what you think it should be! LOL
                            Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Thanks shellie...there is so much to learn. Monday I start on novolin...am nervous about it,but hope all goes smooth.she actually has had better #'s lately.all low 200's...much better than 200 then 400 etc. Seems to be staying in better range.hope novolin doesn't change that!!!

Comment

Craig,if u have a minute,can u check these.I am coming out almost exact on the equivalent,but with very different percentages!!
                                At2- 222. Prime - 146
                                At2- 258- prime- 132
                                At2-386- prime- 174

Comment

Working...
                                X