Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Joono

Hi all,
    I really thought that after loosing my Bazzle boy, it would be more than a year before I could let another fur baby into my life. Here I am just shy of 6 months after his passing, when a coworker sends me a picture of a boy looking for a home. As soon as I saw his picture I knew something was special about him, but doubt entered my mind. I thought to myself, how could I want to meet him when I still hurt so bad from loosing Bazzle? But this boy stayed on my mind for a whole week. After a bit of coaxing from my coworkers, friends, and family, I made an appointment with his foster family to meet him in person. I loved him as soon as our eyes met, and he ended up coming home with me:

This is Joono. He's a 3 year old Chow mix, who has instantly turned into my little golden shadow. He certainly doesn't make the pain of loosing Bazzle go away, but he's already shown me that he wants to be here to comfort me when I'm feeling particularly sad. He makes me feel like it's okay to cry over Bazzle, and it's okay to miss Bazz like I do. He's not here to replace Bazz, but he's here to comfort me and help my heart grow.

Sending love to all those who have lost fur babies.

Audrey, Joono, and Angle Bazzle
    Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Re: Introducing Joono

what a noble looking boy

its never a replacement but a new addition to the family

lots of snuggles for the times you need it

congrats
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Congratulations Audrey! Joono has found a loving home
      Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
      Diabetes: Aug 2013
      Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
      Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

he is beautiful!
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Aw.... so happy for you both!

Comment

Originally posted by Auddog View Post
            He's not here to replace Bazz, but he's here to comfort me and help my heart grow.
            I love this! These four legged creatures sure have a way of expanding our hearts. Congrats on the new addition and sending hugs for those difficult days.

Holli
            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

He looks like a cuddly teddy bear - lovely! He looks very much at home on the sofa; what a lucky dog!
              Antonia
              Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

I rarely look at the "Everything Else" area, but glad I did today. Congrats, Audrey, on your new best friend, and congrats to Joono on your new best friend.

I'm sure Bazzle is pleased you brought the little guy, with an uncertain future, into your home. Since my pug rescue, Sonny, was in my life for a couple years, I became much more sensitive to homeless pooches in need of someone to open up their home to them.

Love the pic of Joono on his back snoozing. Demonstrates how secure he's feeling now. KUDOS to you, Audrey.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

What a beautiful cuddle muffin! I too adore that pic of Joono on his back and the expression is one of pure delight. Congrats Audrey!

Comment

So happy for the both of you. He looks like a lover.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Congratulations.....it just makes your heart bigger to accept another, and it eases an empty ache.
                      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Congratulations on expanding your heart!
                        Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Congratulations. Love this
                          friendlyferret.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X