Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

My deepest condolences.
    May fond memories of Maggie warm your heart always.
    Rusty 28lb male mixed breed. 7 1/2 units Humulin N 2x a day,Purina EN Fiber Balance, string beans and 2 cubes of chicken breast as a treat after injection. Afternoon snack of his kibble,string beans and a cube of chicken breast. AlphaTrak 2. Diagnosed with diabetes March 2015.

Comment

Amy, you are the best! Maggie will always be one wonderful girl and I'm certain she knew you were doing this for her.
      Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
      Diabetes: Aug 2013
      Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
      Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

words are hard to come by when there is pain in our hearts, so all i can say is, i hope the beautiful moon tonight lights up a ray of hope for a brighter tomorrow...
        Mr. Shadow 11 year old mix breed, 21 lbs. , diabetes diagnosis Sept. 2015. Currently on 10 units Novolin N

Comment

Words can't express how truly sorry i am for your loss.

Comment

Maggie was a special girl and I will miss her stories and pictures of her all dressed up. Even when you know in your heart you've made the right choice - it doesn't lessen the pain. Sending you hugs and strength during this difficult time.
            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Amy,
              We will all miss maggie and her antics..so sorry for your loss.take care of yourself..you know all our thoughts are with you...
              RIP miss Maggie, run free
              Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

So sorry - I'm sure your heart is breaking....
                Lucky Lacey - 30 #, 7 years old in June; diagnosed Feb 2015; cataracts appeared May 2016. New food - Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat; 18 U Vetsulin twice a day.

Comment

I know Maggie is no ordinary angel. Raise a little ruckus Maggie. We will think of you when it storms. Hugs
                  Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I am so sorry. (((hugs))
                    Run free sweet Maggie!

Jake
                    13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                    At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
                      I know Maggie is no ordinary angel. Raise a little ruckus Maggie. We will think of you when it storms. Hugs

I love this!

Also - yesterday was a full moon on the summer solstice - The Strawberry Moon. This last happened in 1967 and won't happen again until 2062.

Seems like a fitting send off for our once-in-a-lifetime, Maggie.

Sending you hugs and warm memories...
                      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Maggie. She was so loved. But she is running free of illness in the sunshine

Hugs,
                        Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Oh Amy, I am so sorry to read about Maggie. You two have such a bond, I imagine yesterday was awful for you, but I'm just as sure that she knew how much you loved her. You have been fighting for her for a long time now. You both have been so inspiring!

I'm sending up prayers for comfort and peace for you.
                          Mel
                          Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

• Dear Amy,

I am so sad for you over miss Maggie's passing. One of the things that has helped ease my grief, is thinking of fond memories. I don't know if this will make you smile or not, but I wanted to share this post you made back in 2013. This is the Maggie story that will stay with me forever:

Originally posted by amydunn19 View Post
                            So, when people post here about their dog eating forbidden food, I was always grateful that Maggie never even tries to get our food, even if we drop it on the floor in front of her. So, today I had to stop at the pharmacy on my way home. I had gotten the very yummy honey glazed ham for Thanksgiving at the grocery and had the dogs with me. I came out to the car to find her face in the ham bag chowing down! Her face hair is the color of that glaze they put on the ham.
                            And then just a week or two later Bazzle jumped up and stole 2 pumpkin pies I had made! His face was covered with pie filling, and there was a piece of the crust on his head like a hat. They surely must have been in cahoots with eachother
                            The mental image of Maggie covered in ham glaze and Bazzle covered in pumpkin pie will always make me laugh (even though at the time it wasn't funny). I'm sure Maggie and Bazzle are hanging out and eating Thanksgiving dinner tonight.

They will be in our hearts forever. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family, and a big kiss skyward for sweet little sassy Maggie,

Audrey
                            Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Amy

Your the best

Thinking of you

Run free Maggie

Mo
                              Last edited by Riliey and Mo; 06-23-2016, 08:26 PM. Reason: natalie edited my post sorry it sounded so stupid
                              Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                              20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Thinking of you Amy. Maggie is a once in a lifetime dog, so glad you got to share it with her, and her with you.

Barb
                                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
                                X