Bazzle - Cherished Companion from 2002 - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bazzle - Cherished Companion from 2002 - 2016

People who don't have a very special bond with their dog will never understand your great loss and grief. If you have been through losing your best furry baby then you always carry that with you. It gets easier with time but I haven't lost those feelings completely even now.
    You may get a new dog and develop that special bond again(always unique) when you are able to but don't do that until you are ready. You will know. I am guessing going thru
    This diabetes journey makes it even more difficult because you are so important to their health and closely involved in their life and care! I was at the vet the other day when some people came in with their dog to euthanize. I was in tears and left as soon as I could. May you find peace, and healing soonest!

Comment

I know exactly where you are - I still miss Mags every day. There is no escaping her - work and home - she is all over the place. Some days are so much worse and I feel like it will never be the same. I love my other dogs in different ways but she was the jam. I always thought she depended on me but I see now that I depended on her just as much. She was my friend.

So, I can't offer any valuable insight because the grief is just so much. I just try to make it through each day, and hope one day I will wake up and it won't hurt so much. I hope that for you, too.
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

hugs to you audrey. It's been 2 years since Jenny left and we still miss her but it's easier. I rarely give my old man Ranger dental chew sticks. He is a hoarder and used to steal Jenny's from her (poor blind girl was easy pickings), then he'd run all over the house burying them in cushions. I gave him one the other night and he was so confused. He was running around with it in his mouth wanting to hide it but I think he realized he's the only dog now. no need to hide it. it made me sad. Judi
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Agree with what everyone's said. We develop a very special and deep bond with our diabetic pooches, and when they leave this world, they also leave a very, very big void in our lives.

It's been almost 3 years since Otis left, and the thought of him still brings tears to my eyes, more often than not. Sonny just left a few weeks back and I don't have to tell you guys what I'm going through with him.

All in all, we pay some sort of a price for everything good in our lives. This is the price we pay for all the wonderful years we've had with our very special dogs. It's a good trade, ... one I'll gladly make anytime.

Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Audrey,

I think we all feel the same. It will be almost three years since we lost Abby, and there is a sadness in me that will always be. We have our Duncan that makes me laugh, but they are different..which I am glad.

She will always have a special place, and I know that Bazz will too. Life moves on, but I think the ache stays for a very long time.

Take care of yourself.

Barb
            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Today is 8 months since Charlie crossed the rainbow bridge; he would have been an 'uncle' now to our new granddaughter, and oh he so loved babies.

We loved our rescue who after 6 months is finally learning to play, but I still miss our old guy.

Hugs to all of you missing your furbabies

Laura
              Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Working...
              X