Sharing Our Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing Our Stories

We are remembering the good times and the funny times with Ruffles. Some of your threads have mentioned similar incidents, so we thought we'd share and ask you to do the same.

Ruffles' first Christmas: she thought we put up the tree as an endless supply of toys for her. We would walk into the living room to find she had pulled the garland off of the tree and across the room. She tried to eat the beads and play with the ornaments. Needless to say, we had bare branches at the bottom of the tree for several years. Oh, and of course the tree skirt was her personal soft and fluffy bed.

Then she grew big enough to notice that we put some liquid at the base of the tree. We used a mixture of MiracleGrow and water--until we saw her drinking it. We stopped adding the MiracleGrow that year, and began using an artifical tree the next Christmas.

For several years we had a third person living with us while she worked her way through college. She owned a cat and the best we can say is that they tolerated each other. Ruffles was younger than the cat and liked to run and play more than he did. We had a baby gate at our housemate's bedroom door so the cat could have a place of refuge and his food could be left out. He had an automatic-type food dispensor and would only eat until he was satisfied--Ruffles ate anything and everything she could find. One day Leah came home from work and noticed that Ruffles was ailing and looked very fat! When she tried to pick her up and love on her, Ruffles began yelping in pain. Upon investigation, she found that the baby gate had been pushed open--and all of the cat food was gone--about 10 pounds! I don't know if she ate it all at once or grazed the entire day. A call to the vet yeilded instructions just to watch her and expect some digestive problems for several days. Fortunately, Ruffles was none the worse; unfortunately, the event did not teach Ruffles to temper her food intake.

We have more funny stories, but this is good for a start.

How about telling your funny canine antics?
    Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
    Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
    Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
    Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Re: Sharing Our Stories

Lovely idea, to share stories, Mary and Leah. My brain seems to have stage fright for the moment - WHO, ME? - well, it's not coming up with stories right away, but I'm sure it will, eventually!

Looking forward to your continuing stories, and ones from other forum members as well.

TEN POUNDS of cat-food for a small Cairn! YIKES!

Sat, 25 Dec 2010 17:39:30 (PST)
    http://www.coherentdog.org/
    CarolW

Comment

Working...
    X