Gosh Darn another vet bill- Puma my chi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosh Darn another vet bill- Puma my chi

Well guys having 5 dogs and 3 cats the vet bills sometimes are high First it was Cleo the cat getting obstructed 2 x Now I found 3 lumps on my 12 year old chihuahua Puma. One of the lumps looks like a black tick( she had had this for years, the other looks like a sebaceous cyst with blood flow. Nat it looks the same as what was on Pebbles when she was alive. Te 3rd is the one that concerns me, It is in the collar area under the skin Dr Meyers aspirated that one.I also had Pumas complete blood work done The same as Jasmines last month The results will be in late tomorrow as they sent everything to an outside lab. So if the cells look suspicious then we will schedule for all 3 to be taken off. Also Puma has been wheezing Nothing new for her Has been like this for 2 years. Had a ultrasound done 2 years ago Heart looked good. She just fat. Tried Lasix,antibiotics( Zenequin etc) and she still wheezed. It comes and goes, Have an OTC med for allergies that I give her sometimes. So the Dr feels if we decide to remove the lumps then we may as well do a chest X ray and get her teeth cleaned. Have no idea what this is going to cost. May just to the lump removals. Puma has no front teeth They fell out!! SoI am worried about her bloodwork , urinalysis and T4. The Dr also wants Puma to lose 10% of her weight SHe is 11 flippin lbs!!! Haven't been walking her like I used to as Pebbles and her went every morning with me. SO first it is Cleo (SHH don't need him t get obstructed again!!!!) and now Puma. Will post tomorrow eve on the results
    Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Re: Gosh Darn another vet bill- Puma my chi

I'm sorry you are going thru all of this, can you hold off on the teeth, are the teeth bothering Puma.

This had not been the greatest month for all of our pets lately, wish I could help more with Puma, I don't know alot about cats.

You had to mention about all your pets, I am thinking about another dog now, I think I may be losing my mind.
    Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Dolly,
      I think you should get another dog.It is good therapy. Keeps you busy.

As far as Pumas teeth they are probably going to have to wait Will call the vet later this eveing to see how her blood work and other testing came out Am a bit nervous about thatlump Hopefully it is fatty tissue. Will post later
      Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

Spoke to the vet tech today Pumas blood work T4 and urinalysis came out great! The lump that they aspirated is suspicious so we are scheduling surgery to remove this lump( it is nickel size underneath her skin) and the other 2 lumps that are eraser size outside her skin. Puma crashed about 4 years ago when the vet used isoflurane gas Then 2 months later her uterus burst The vet thought that the reason she crashed was because an infection was brewing in her uterus. So the game plan with this new vet Dr Meyer is to give her a cocktail: not a drink girls!!! It would put her in La La Land but if any problems they can wake her up immediately. I think this is a better plan as I can't take the chance of her crashing . If he feels that this lump needs to be sent to Pathology then that's where it will go.

As far as her weight issue he wants to put her on Hills Diet food but not to do this till after the surgery. He would like her to lose the weight so he can feel her ribs. So Puma and I discussed this . She has agreed to do sit ups with me!!

So say a prayer and hope Cleo remain healthy for now. Puma is my main priority now!!!

Comment

Puma's are very muscular animals... not frail and stick legged! LOL

Hope the lumps are nothing to worry about... when is the surgery?

Natalie

Comment

I m going to schedule Monday when I bring Cleo the cat in for his urinalysis. I really want it as soon as they can do it. And the reason for Cleos visit is to make sure that the Royal Canin Urinary SO 33 food is diluting his urine If all is fine with him then he stays on the food. I also questioned Amitriptyline that Dr Bostrom said that he may have to be on I think it relaxes his urethra. Am going to throw her an email this weekend. The bad side of this drug is that tey get sleepy. But Puma is my main concern now Will ask the Dr how much more a dental clean would be for Puma She has no front teeth It would just be cleaning the back ones. If not I will wait till I get ahead financially. It just never seems to end!!!I would rather spend money on my animals then myself. They come first for sure.

Comment

Puma is scheduled for her surgery in 9 days. I will be glad when it is over and she is OK. Dr Meyer does all of his surgeries at night after hours. SO she will not need to be there till 2:00 pm next Wed He said I can pick her up between 8-11pm. Whenever she is ready. I never heard of a vet working so late. I think that is wonderful.

Comment

I like the idea of surgery being done later, maybe the vet likes it better when things quiet down for the day or maybe he is there for night emergencies too.

I hope everything works out for Puma
                Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Thanks Dolly. She will do fine I will have a problem staying up that late as 11 pm I am usually in sleepy land!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesian46 View Post
                    Thanks Dolly. She will do fine I will have a problem staying up that late as 11 pm I am usually in sleepy land!!!
                    Too bad we aren't near one another, I could take Puma as I tend to be a nightown.

Comment

Working...
                    X