Buddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy

Hi all we are new to this world of diabetes and could use all the help we can get so this is our story please feel free to help use if we are doing anything wrong or if you have any suggestions.

Buddy is our four footed child of 8yrs who happens to be a very loving 77 lb siberian husky. Who we just found out was a diabetic and to tell you the truth it seemed like we were drowning with questions but since looking on line and talking to our Vet. it seems like we maybe able to help him to have a happy life even with this special need.

The medical problems he seems to be having a lot of problems with due to his diabetes are UTI's, lossing some of his eye sight and lastly he woke up yesterday with his left eye shut when we opened it at the vet his pupil was so small and his eye was red. So now we are treating him with an anti inflamitory, antibotics, insulin, science diet special food and praying he doesn't loss his eye as well as get him level.

The whole family has pretty much stopped what we normally do and are just watching him to see if he is ok. He still seems to be him and so loving and good even with the checking of his levels and shots. I can't believe how trusting he is of my husband and I he just put's his head in our laps and lets us do anything we need to. I feel so bad when we can't get enough blood and have to prick him again but even then he still just loves us.

I want to thank anyone who has read this and can help us. Sorry for the ramble but I feel like he is one of our kids and I just don't know what else I can do for him or to make it easier for him.

Re: Buddy

Welcome.

We have all been in your shoes, but there is a wealth of information out here from all the members and you have come to the right place. I am a new member, but I read the posts often and have gain a wealth of information.

Keep your chin up and if you have any questions... ask away. We can all share what we know and what we have gone through.
    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Re: Buddy

Hi and welcome to you! I copied your story of Buddy to the Discussion forum as well where more people will see it and respond. You can find it here: http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2876

Patty
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
      X