Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PetSure Test Strips

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
    Actually thats a pretty good comparison just being 30 points off in the 300 range . I would give it an A .

I have never been fully confident in any meter in the higher range but as long as its consistent thats ok

What i care about is under 200 and from what i can tell 150 and lower with the meters i have used i believe is pretty close

I have used a discount human meter for over 8 years . Jesse has not shown any diabetic symptoms and has been normal on that front and isnt that the goal ?
    You're right Jesse..I think I am just tired of worrying and researching, thinking I will find the answers that I want..Well I have gone from 8 AT boxes/month to 3 over the year and by using freestyle lite as back up (or alone at times that I can anticipate a lower BG). I just got 3 results on 3 meters at 10 pm..I am going to try to use the same meter at 12a for AT and PS... Last August, I used Relion before I could get AT but at that time I did not have to worry about low BG's. However, it was simpler..no crazy researching and a lot cheaper!!!! Under 200? at fasting? Don't I wish..Thanks for your input!!!
    P.S...Wow..we'll see how wrong I can be..maybe...Using same meter...12 am AT strip=134 and 12 am PS strip =134 !! Poor Suzie..I couldn't get the FS test result
    Last edited by bichons9; 08-16-2018, 10:23 PM. Reason: error
    Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

Originally posted by bichons9 View Post
      ..since "why" was this strip made to be intended to work with AlphaTrak? I am not a conspiracy theorist but did wonder from beginning about this strip being associated with Alphatrak by Zoetis.
      It’s no different than any other knockoff strip being made for a name brand meter. Alphatrak is the most commonly used pet meter and the zoetis strips are expensive. Of course there’s big money in making a cheaper strip for the most commonly used pet meter. It’s no different than genultimate making knockoff cheap strips for the human OneTouch.
      I for one do not enjoy spending $100+ a month on strips for my AT meter BUT it’s the only meter I really trust. I would love if petsure was actually able to knockoff the technology of the AT strip, but the fact that people are kind of guessing at what’s the best code to use for it is not good. Their response to one user was that maybe code 20 wasn’t right and to try 44. That’s not good. The instructions in the box seem like there’s some lost in translation parts and they just copied instructions from AT strips.
      That said, I tested it yesterday at midday and got really close readings with code 36... not as close but still totally acceptable with code 20. One test isn’t enough to judge, but a promising start!
      AT strip 194
      Petsure (code 36) 196
      Petsure (code 20) 176
      Last edited by Lolo; 08-17-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolo View Post
        It’s no different than any other knockoff strip being made for a name brand meter. Alphatrak is the most commonly used pet meter and the zoetis strips are expensive. Of course there’s big money in making a cheaper strip for the most commonly used pet meter. It’s no different than genultimate making knockoff cheap strips for the human OneTouch.
        I for one do not enjoy spending $100+ a month on strips for my AT meter BUT it’s the only meter I really trust. I would love if petsure was actually able to knockoff the technology of the AT strip, but the fact that people are kind of guessing at what’s the best code to use for it is not good. Their response to one user was that maybe code 20 wasn’t right and to try 44. That’s not good. The instructions in the box seem like there’s some lost in translation parts and they just copied instructions from AT strips.
        That said, I tested it yesterday at midday and got really close readings with code 36... not as close but still totally acceptable with code 20. One test isn’t enough to judge, but a promising start!
        AT strip 194
        Petsure (code 36) 196
        Petsure (code 20) 176
        Thanks LoLo.I will try #36 at 12 noon... I have 5 results: Last one (at #36) very close!!!
        6pm yesterday AT 330 PS 298
        10pm " AT 137 PS 129 FS 149 (3 meters)
        12 am today AT 134 PS 134 (using same meter)
        1:35 am AT 345 PS 293 FS 260 (same meter)
        10 am AT 288 PS 274 (same meter) PS code #20
        12pm AT 205 PS 201 (same meter) PS code #36
        Thank you so much... will keep testing!!!!
        Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.

Comment

Those are all really close!! Even that 1:35a reading isn’t bad.
          My Lucy is getting a dental today so I’m expecting she may be a bit high for a day or so since she didn’t get insulin this morning. I’m going to hold my testing til her numbers are lowish. I do think we’ll continue to see bigger differences/ranges on higher numbers. I think that’s pretty standard when comparing different meters.

Comment

Here are more of my test comparisons. I used code 36 for some of the petsure strips and then switched to code 20 on the petsure as noted. She just had a dental and is on antibiotics so she’s higher than usual, but even on the high numbers she’s pretty close.

Code 36 Petsure
            209 AT, 195 PS
            259 AT, 214 PS

Code 20 Petsure
            226 AT, 214 PS
            387 AT, 382 PS
            374 AT, 404 PS
            279 AT, 248 PS
            300 AT, 274 PS
            185 AT, 181 PS
            253 AT, 245 PS

Comment

Here are more of my test comparisons. I used code 36 for some of the petsure strips and then switched to code 20 on the petsure as noted. She just had a dental and is on antibiotics so she’s higher than usual, but even on the high numbers she’s pretty close.

Code 36 Petsure
              209 AT, 195 PS
              259 AT, 214 PS

Code 20 Petsure
              226 AT, 214 PS
              387 AT, 382 PS
              374 AT, 404 PS
              279 AT, 248 PS
              300 AT, 274 PS
              185 AT, 181 PS
              253 AT, 245 PS
              That’s really encouraging. Thanks for doing the comparison.
              Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
              Diabetes: Aug 2013
              Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
              Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Code 36 Petsure
                209 AT, 195 PS
                259 AT, 214 PS

Code 20 Petsure
                226 AT, 214 PS
                387 AT, 382 PS
                374 AT, 404 PS
                279 AT, 248 PS
                300 AT, 274 PS
                185 AT, 181 PS
                253 AT, 245 PS
                I really miss doing these tests!😁

Craig
                Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                  I really miss doing these tests!😁

Craig
                  Since the 21st, I am surprised at the good results of some of the Petsure.. I also switched code to 36 and back to code 20 on 8/21.
                  AT 436 PS 429
                  AT 139 PS 135
                  AT 232 PS 246
                  AT 324 PS 277 repeat AT=277..1 am (late) none make any sense
                  I just re ordered AT, FS, Petsure and now purchased InsulinX= great numbers listed by and FDMB member...I'm exhausted...but poor Suzie!!!

Comment

Code 36 Petsure
                    209 AT, 195 PS
                    259 AT, 214 PS

Code 20 Petsure
                    226 AT, 214 PS
                    387 AT, 382 PS
                    374 AT, 404 PS
                    279 AT, 248 PS
                    300 AT, 274 PS
                    185 AT, 181 PS
                    253 AT, 245 PS
                    OMG..I had not read this about changing codes..though I just ordered more to compare to AT. PS is lower usually ( for Suzie) but not by much...However, they may be right about "bias" since whenever going to DVM, the venous blood is always lower than Alphatrak???

The different codes that are needed can be found on the chart on the side of our product box as well as in the informational insert. The codes needed are also described in the chart below:

Species First Generation AlphaTRAK® Meter (Gray Meter) AlphaTRAK®2(Purple Meter) AlphaTRAK®2 Turbo Code
                    Cats Code 7 Code 22 Code 4
                    Dogs Code 7 Code 20 Code 2
                    What is the AlphaTRAK®2 Turbo code?
                    The AlphaTRAK®2 Turbo code, is an alternative coding option that provides blood glucose readings closer to AlphaTRAK® test strip results. It is the recommended option for previous AlphaTRAK® test strip users, who want to produce similar results with the PetSure!® test strips.

Due to differences in manufacturing, PetSure!® test strips tend to produce lower readings on codes 20 and 22 than the AlphaTrak® test strips. Using the AlphaTRAK®2 Turbo code yields a higher reading which will more closely resemble the results of the AlphaTRAK® test strips. While both readings are accurate and fall within the accuracy range of at-home testing equipment, the AlphaTRAK®2 Turbo code option allows for a smooth transition from AlphaTRAK® test strip use to PetSure!® test strips.

(This does not mean that the results from testing with the assigned codes are any less accurate. It simply means that PetSure!® results seem to be negatively biased while AlphaTRAK® results are usually positively biased to the true glucose level.)
                    Last edited by bichons9; 09-25-2018, 09:35 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Working...
                    X