Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Jesse girl

So happy Jesse has reached this amazing milestone!
10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016
Old 03-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Founding Member

oh yes gus it is amazing from where she started this journey
Jesse-26 lbs - 15.5 years old - 10 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of Novolin a day sometimes Novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar but that is rare. total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 8 and 10 units of NPH insulin depending on her fasting number
Old 03-23-2017, 11:42 AM

Smile Re: Jesse girl

nice 7 years Jessie you Rock girl!

glad Jessie's had no more seizures

I too notice a reduction in insulin just a 1\2 unit

Riliey had lumps removed 5 years ago as they did get bigger. he has one on his chest just keeping an eye on it.

otherwise same food, same insulin. same eye drops for allergies the Bausch and laumb.

and his teeth removal 2015. breathings good

of course were dealing with abit of doggie Alzheimer's. he,s happy, loves the snow and were just starting to enjoy spring weather.

great update
Old 03-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Founding Member

thanks mo you have a nice way at looking at the world as not being so complex

stick with what you believe and things will work out as they have for you and rilley its not that complicated
Jesse-26 lbs - 15.5 years old - 10 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of Novolin a day sometimes Novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar but that is rare. total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 8 and 10 units of NPH insulin depending on her fasting number
Old 04-08-2017, 10:18 AM

Just dropped by and want to say happy sugar anniversary!

Jake
13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016
Old 04-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Founding Member

thanks linda its nice to here from you . jesse appreciates your well wishes

hope all is well
Old 04-28-2017, 08:16 AM
Founding Member

just a quick update and i think craig would find this interesting . jesse went almost 4 months with her vial of insulin . she had such good regulation i did not want to change it but as with all things we were nearing the bottom of the vial

now i dont recommend anyone to do this as it doesnt follow the manufactures recommendations but it was nice to have a good run . the new vial did not start off as well but i expect jesse to settle into it
Old 06-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Jesse always manages to live well outside the "norm."
Old 06-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty View Post
Jesse always manages to live well outside the "norm."
yes she does patty age has begun to creep up but thats ok she will always be my girl
Old 10-20-2017, 07:46 AM
Founding Member

update on jesse

it is her 13th birthday today .

we have a magical story of jesse . she was having a rough patch early in the summer and i thought she maybe moving on . well we got back home after visiting my mom and jesse was in the back yard searching the ground with her nose quite intently for something

i noticed a sparrow on the fence with something the size of a silver dollar in its mouth. seemed kind of big for a little bird . the sparrow flew off the fence and landed on the ground next to jesse and dropped what it had in its mouth and flew away jesse came over to the item and gobbled it up . what a funny thing i thought at the time

after that she seemed to get better and before i knew it she put weight back on and acting younger than ever .my mom thinks it was manna from heaven . i cant argue that point

today she is doing well .still chasing those pesky rabbits everyday and having a good time doing it . added some canned mackerel to her diet . she enjoys it . i always thought jesse was the reincarnation of my cat from child hood (nah nah sita ) she acts like a cat and love is on her terms kind of like a cat

every time i think she maybe heading out to greener pastures she proves me wrong and i am glad she does