Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Spirit-Newfoundland

My prayers join everyone elses. Judi
Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 AM

So very sorry to hear this news. We will all still be here when you need us - whether to support you and MJ or help you with Spirit - we are all here for you...

Hugs to you...

Tami, Soaphie and Sydney
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:20 AM

I'm so sorry the news isn't more positive. Thoughts and prayers for you and MJ

Sandy
Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 AM

Spirit will be fine. I'm sure he can tolerate a little less attention, and you have to focus on MJ. I hope the chemo knocks it out quickly and permanently.
Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Thumbs up Re: Spirit-Newfoundland

Thankyou and this forum for being here.
If for nothing else than emotional support...

Last edited by Doggie Daddy; 12-29-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: posted to wrong thread
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM

Do what you need to do, Jim. You know we'll all be here and praying for a positive outcome for all. Keeping positive thoughts and lots of prayers coming your way.
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Arrow Re: Spirit-Newfoundland

Adding my thoughts and prayers to all the others. So sorry it wasn't better news. I have great confidence in you, Jim, and in MJ, as well as in Spirit.

I believe together, you will all come out on the other side, and you have guardian angels smiling down on you, not to mention this entire forum.

Don't worry about not posting much, but I hope you'll keep us generally posted, because you are very deeply loved here.

Lots of love and hugs
Sat, 29 Dec 2012 12:36:58 (PST)
Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 PM

Thank you all for your wonderful support over the last year and now....MJ said to me today that we are not going to give this cancer our total focus. We are going to spend time each day having fun and doing things we love. Today we all walked thru the park in the light snow next to the lake and just soaked in the beauty all around. She wanted a few hours of chat without mentioning cancer.

God, I love this fabulous wife of mine. She is the strongest person I've ever met and I owe it to her to stay strong and positive. I'm going to be the fun police for the next several months. Believe it or not she is still insisting on going to Florida and already made contact with the Flagler Cancer Center in St. Augustine who could give her the chemo treatments. Her exact words where if she is going to feel like shit she may as well sit on a beach in the warmth and watch the world walk by.......thank you all again.
Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:12 PM

So sorry to hear this, Jim, ... MJ, Spirit & yourself remain in our thoughts & prayers.
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:32 PM

Praying for you and your family.