Diabetic dog supplies in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetic dog supplies in Canada

We are moving next month back to Canada (Vancouver Island) from Texas. I have not had a diabetic dog in Canada for several yrs, and wondering if anyone can help on where to buy Novolin N & R plus syringes at good prices?

Have searched Costco etc but they are not giving out prices online. When we left, you could not buy the Relion Novolin at canada Walmarts. I am wondering how much I should stock up on down here to take back?
    Tough trip to pack insulin etc, 5 days on the road with 11 pugs!

Thanks to Canadian members for any help. Joan

Re: Diabetic dog supplies in Canada

Originally posted by Joan View Post
    We are moving next month back to Canada (Vancouver Island) from Texas. I have not had a diabetic dog in Canada for several yrs, and wondering if anyone can help on where to buy Novolin N & R plus syringes at good prices?

Have searched Costco etc but they are not giving out prices online. When we left, you could not buy the Relion Novolin at canada Walmarts. I am wondering how much I should stock up on down here to take back?
    Tough trip to pack insulin etc, 5 days on the road with 11 pugs!

Thanks to Canadian members for any help. Joan
    Easy. Take the ferry to either Seattle, or Port Angeles . I think I'd take 3-4 months worth, and then take the trip into a Washington Walmart for a shopping trip every 3-4 months?

We LOVE our vacations to Victoria, but haven't traveled much outside the city. Even Vancouver has been fun.

Craig
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Thanks Craig, had thought of that, but since we will be 2 hrs north of the ferry and a couple hrs each way on the ferry it becomes a 6+ hr trip, and hard to leave some of these guys that long at this point.
      But if you are going over sometime, let me know could pay you for 6 months worth or so, and we may even spring for lunch!

Comment

Originally posted by Joan View Post
        Thanks Craig, had thought of that, but since we will be 2 hrs north of the ferry and a couple hrs each way on the ferry it becomes a 6+ hr trip, and hard to leave some of these guys that long at this point.
        But if you are going over sometime, let me know could pay you for 6 months worth or so, and we may even spring for lunch!
        Yea, Joan, a little jaunt across the border every 6 months, or so, may be fun. Have a cousin who just returned to Toronto after spending a few years on Vancouver Island. Liked it fine, but it wasn't home, ... so back to TO.

Say, are you anticipating any problems getting your herd across the border?
        Last edited by farrwf; 06-26-2016, 06:13 AM.
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Hey Rick,

We have never had trouble with the herd at the border before. Need current rabies vaccine, but have never been hassled or even asked for the papers proving that. You never know though......

Comment

We have no problems getting stuff in BC. Although Shelby is on Levemere and we use a people meter for testing.

Comment

Hello! How's your searching? Did anyone here give you some good information about what you are looking for? Keep us update. hope you find it now.

Comment

Working...
              X