Let's Start (March 17, 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's Start (March 17, 2008)

Hi Bonnie! Terri from the old CDMB is still struggling with cancer but is apparently hanging in there, in part perhaps because of her pups. Quincy recently passed away. Her Facebook account is updated now and then by family members.

Natalie

Comment

Re: Let's Start-

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
      This was March 17, 2008. Chris was still with us and the older forum on canine diabetes was falling apart so I started one to fill the gap that forum was going to leave.

Happy 10th anniversary to K9D!

Natalie
      WOW! Congrats and a BIG thanks for starting this wonderful forum! Beautiful friendships blossomed and so much love and compassion for each others fur kids.

Soaphie - 7 years and 4 months diabetic - passed away at 15 years, 2.5 weeks. Probably the longest tenured large dog with diabetes (65 pounds).

Sydney - I think she was diabetic for a little over 3 years (time fades my memory!)....passed away at 14.5 years.

Thank you everyone!!!!
      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Re: Let's Start-

Originally posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post
        WOW! Congrats and a BIG thanks for starting this wonderful forum! Beautiful friendships blossomed and so much love and compassion for each others fur kids.

Soaphie - 7 years and 4 months diabetic - passed away at 15 years, 2.5 weeks. Probably the longest tenured large dog with diabetes (65 pounds).

Sydney - I think she was diabetic for a little over 3 years (time fades my memory!)....passed away at 14.5 years.

Thank you everyone!!!!
        I would agree tami on the longest living large breed to live with diabetes as far as age and length of having the disease
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Re: Let's Start (March 17, 2008)

Happy Anniversary! you all are wonderful
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
          X