Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:35 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: Annie & Craig - Getting too smart!

Oh, Craig, I don't know what to say except I know the pain and how hard this was to go through. Annie, like my Maggie, was one of the long timers here and through her journey taught so many others the way to go through you. There are no words to ease this or make it better right now. Just know, you are in my thoughts and I am grieving for you and Linda right now. It took me some time and distance to be able to look back on Maggie's journey with more joy than tears and I still have my moments.

Annie was a great friend and family member to you guys but now she can eat to her hearts content and run free of pain, needles, and the confusion of dementia. Hugs to you, my friend!
Old 09-06-2017, 06:28 AM
Founding Member

Craig,

I'm sitting here thinking about you and your little angel. I know it is so hard to live without the familiar rountines.
Every day you will be reminded of what used to be.

My heart is breaking for you. Annie was so precious and you provided for her every need. She knows you loved her unconditionly, as she loved you.

Hugs,
Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann
Old 09-06-2017, 12:27 PM

Craig
I am so sorry to read this news about your little Annie. You looked after her so devotedly and I am sure she will have known how much she was loved right to the end.

I am sure that you and Annie have helped many many people over the years, including us, with all your wise advice and encyclopaedic knowledge on meters and testing.

It's tough getting used to not having to look after a diabetic doggy; I am still adjusting to not having to fit our entire schedule around Eddie's food, insulin and testing regime. It's undeniably easier but we'd all do it again in a heartbeat if we had the chance.

All best wishes to you and your family
Antonia
Old 09-06-2017, 02:24 PM

Craig,
My heart breaks for you. Our fur babies are never here long enough.

You were such a great carer for Annie and she was so lucky to have your love and devotion and you lucky to have her companionship.

Your journey with Annie and experience you shared with all of us on this board has helped so many of us, and I thank you for that.

I wish you comfort and peace at this time.
Dasani, Miniature Schnauzer 13 yrs old - Diagnosed Diabetic 3/21/15 - 22 pounds - 9 units Vetsulin 2X a day - Feed a mix of W/D and Solid Gold Wee Bit. Fish oil pearl supplement twice a day to help with high triglycerides.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:57 AM

Craig, I am so sorry to hear about Annie. Run free sweet Annie.

Jake
13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016
Old 09-07-2017, 12:19 PM

OH my heart....I just popped on here as I was wondering what was happening with the veterans. I am just so sorry to hear of our Annie's passing. Craig - hugs to you and your family. So very sorry for your loss....as well as ours <3

Tami
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:46 PM

So very sorry to read about Annie's passing. It doesn't matter how long they are with us, it is never long enough. And when they journey on and leave us they take a piece of our heart with them. Run free sweet Annie💕
Old 10-20-2017, 08:09 PM

Annie taught us all so much (as did you). Her tolerance and wisdom will be missed. Iím so sorry for your loss.

Holli
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:32 PM

Oh Craig. I'm sorry to be over a month behind in catching up and reading this. As Natalie said, Annie must hold some kind of record for the length of time she had diabetes and her age is a testament to your love and care. Sending you warm thoughts and well wishes as I know the sadness and hole she leaves is long lasting.
Patty
Old 10-27-2017, 09:23 PM

Since Iíve been diagnosed as a type-2 Iíve been able to make use of Annieís ReliOn Prime meter. Thankfully, not on insulin yet.

Craig