Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Doby has gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

I am so sorry to hear about Doby. I'm sure he is running free at the Bridge, enjoying all sorts of delicious treats.
Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:09 AM

My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. May your little Doby run free with all our beloved furbabies that have crossed that rainbow bridge.
10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016
Old 06-21-2016, 10:26 AM

Sometimes the hardest things we do are the most giving things we can give. I'm sure he knew how loved he was!
Prayers for comfort and peace,
Mel
Old 06-24-2016, 10:44 AM

I'm having a really hard time today, as it has been one week today that we had to do the unthinkable. Please pray for me and my wife, Mimi.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:53 PM

Prayers and hugs are being sent your way. It is okay to cry and cry and cry until you fall asleep...been there and I know how awful it is go to through this.

I learned that in order to begin the healing process I hit rock bottom in my sadness and I was so thankful I had lots of work to do at that time and it helped keep my mind busy during the day, but coming home was not easy, especially knowing Colorado would not be there, waiting for me like every day.

Time will be your best friend eventually.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

I am right there with you guys! We let Maggie go on Monday and it was the worst thing ever. Losing her was so much harder - I think we have such a close relationship with our diabetic dogs than any other pets. It felt so contradictory for me to end her life when I spent so much time trying to keep her alive. I loved her too much to let her suffer any further as you guys did with Doby. I wish I knew how to get through this feeling - Morning and night feeding times have been the hardest times, but it is like a black cloud following me all day. The vet called to say her ashes were ready today which set me off again. I wasn't expecting it.

I just keep thinking she would want me to keep going and I bet Doby would want you guys to smile again at least for a few moments.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:44 PM

So sorry about what happen to your baby I know your Doby watching you now and he become your angel. Rest In Peace.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydunn19 View Post
I am right there with you guys! We let Maggie go on Monday and it was the worst thing ever. Losing her was so much harder - I think we have such a close relationship with our diabetic dogs than any other pets. It felt so contradictory for me to end her life when I spent so much time trying to keep her alive. I loved her too much to let her suffer any further as you guys did with Doby. I wish I knew how to get through this feeling - Morning and night feeding times have been the hardest times, but it is like a black cloud following me all day. The vet called to say her ashes were ready today which set me off again. I wasn't expecting it.

I just keep thinking she would want me to keep going and I bet Doby would want you guys to smile again at least for a few moments.
We are right there with you in regards to feeding times. We have found ourselves saying on more than one occasion, it's 6:00 Doby needs to be fed and get his shot.

We picked up Doby's ashes from our vet today ... which set this range of emotions back into a tailspin.

I'll be in prayer for you and Maggie as well.
Greg
Old 07-01-2016, 10:14 PM

Oh gosh, another of our forum babies. Hugs to you, and know that time does help ease the pain. I am so sorry

Laura
Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years
Old 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Founding Member

So sorry to read about your terrible loss. The first weeks without them are awful.
Hugs,
Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann