X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Originally posted by Sunnyside View Post
    Hi Craig,

I don't have Prime yet, however, I have comparisons between Confirm and AT2.
    Here are example of few comparisons from different levels:
    AT2: 377, Confirm: 285 (0.75)-Difference is 3
    AT2: 295, Confirm: 220 (0.75)-Difference is 3
    AT2: 177, Confirm: 127 (0.7)-Difference is 4
    AT2: 55, Confirm: 37 (0.7)- Difference is 3

I tested many times and it came out to around same range. I am comfortable with division of 0.7 and 0.75 in different levels, and I am looking forward to test with Prime.
    Thanks. Good to see the 0.7 conversion works well in the lower number range.
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
      Thanks. Good to see the 0.7 conversion works well in the lower number range.
      The lower number conversion is not as stable as numbers above the 100's. Therefore, I do always check with AlphaTrak when the numbers are either too high or too low though. However, the numbers within 100's-350's ranges are very much stable with conversion 7 and 7.5. Will continue to close look at those very low's and very high ranges.

Comment

New toy for Annie! Just got a Mint automatic floor cleaner, think another similar brand is called the Roomba. It runs back and forth cleaning hard floors, and drives Annie NUTS! . Even thou she is blind, she is following behind it and jumps when it reverses direction. Great fun.

Are we, people in general, getting too lazy? This gizmo took about 15 minutes to do a short hallway, that I could have cleaned in 60 seconds!
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Absolutely getting lazy.

And you know Craig...we are all onto you and the whole 'Annie wanted it' scam. You just keep thinking that and we'll all just go uh huh...right! LOL
          Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Originally posted by Shellie View Post
            Absolutely getting lazy.

And you know Craig...we are all onto you and the whole 'Annie wanted it' scam. You just keep thinking that and we'll all just go uh huh...right! LOL
            Actually Linda saw this offered on woot.com and thought it might be nice. Our daughter has the Roomba and uses hers, but her house is less cluttered than ours (my fault). It took 30+ minutes to do the family room, but there is a lot of furniture that the Mint had to figure a way around. It actually did a pretty descent job getting under my computer station and the bird cage. Annie finally gave up on it and just climbed into her puppy bed.

Comment

New toy for Annie! Just got a Mint automatic floor cleaner, think another similar brand is called the Roomba. It runs back and forth cleaning hard floors, and drives Annie NUTS! . Even thou she is blind, she is following behind it and jumps when it reverses direction. Great fun.

Are we, people in general, getting too lazy? This gizmo took about 15 minutes to do a short hallway, that I could have cleaned in 60 seconds!
              what a fun thing! I've heard they are great. My husband bought the lawn version on ebay but we never got the border stuff in to get it working. huge mistake

glad Annie isn't afraid of it!
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I can just see Annie following it
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

That really is too cool about Annie following it! And giving up! LOL Bad machine...doesn't pay attention when I bark at it!
                  Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Yikes 512 This is the highest I've seen in years! She is Normally 100-225ish, a few low 300s. I hope I just messed up three hours ago when I broke down and gave her a treat (don't normally do that between meals). No panic, I'm pretty sure she will be back down in a couple of hours (fingers crossed).

By the way, the vial of Humulin-N is only two week old, no food or medical changes. Time for a walk!

Comment

Yikes! Hate those unexpected surprises. Hope it was just the late treat.
                      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Yikes 512 This is the highest I've seen in years! She is Normally 100-225ish, a few low 300s. I hope I just messed up three hours ago when I broke down and gave her a treat (don't normally do that between meals). No panic, I'm pretty sure she will be back down in a couple of hours (fingers crossed).

By the way, the vial of Humulin-N is only two week old, no food or medical changes. Time for a walk!
                        Update: 127 three hours after the 512 test, meal and injection. Injected 2.5U of "R", and normal 7.5U of "N".

Three hours is about the peak for "R" in Annie, so we should be good.

Comment

Don't you just hate when that high no appears! Poor you and Annie glad to see it came back down .
                          Hugs
                          Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

OMG Craig, that was a bonkers high for annie.

Did she seem out of sorts at all that triggered you to test her or was it just a routine test that picked it up>?

Did you check it again with another test straight away and would you expect any futher weird readings over the next few days?

Just getting a feel for how I might deal with such a bonkers number? Im sure Id be in a state , you sound very calm....the years of experience I suppose.
                            Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Hope Annie is back to herself today Craig.
                              Tara in honor of Ruby.
                              She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                              Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Originally posted by jenny View Post
                                OMG Craig, that was a bonkers high for annie.

Did she seem out of sorts at all that triggered you to test her or was it just a routine test that picked it up>?

Did you check it again with another test straight away and would you expect any futher weird readings over the next few days?

Just getting a feel for how I might deal with such a bonkers number? Im sure Id be in a state , you sound very calm....the years of experience I suppose.
                                The 512 reading was during her pre-meal test. No outward signs, and she ate her meal without a problem.

Yes, I tested a second time. Actually the 512 wqs the second test with the AlphaTrak2, I had tested first with the ReliOn Prime and it worked out to be about 530. The ReliOn Prime is an inexpensive human meter / strip that I normally use to save money on test strips, and then apply a percentage difference formula that converts the Prime's reading to near what the AlphaTrak2 would indicate.

As I mentioned, I did give her a puppy treat (jerky) a couple of hours earlier. Don't know if that was it or not. No jerky today!

Yes, I've calmed down about high readings this past year or two. When I see an unusual number, I scratch my head and try to think it out. Most times I can't determine the cause, just one of those things. I try not to adjust the insulin based on an odd number. Her "routine" is a mix of 1.5U of "R", and 7.25U (breakfast) or 7.5U (dinner) of "N". I broke my rule last night and gave 2.5U of "R" instead of the normal 1.5U. I figured / guessed that since we were starting at 500+, and she would get a food spike on top of that, the extra unit of "R" would be OK. She came down to 127 three hours later, about the peak time for the "R".

She tested 156 this morning and got her standard 1.5 "R" and 7.25 "N".

Comment

Working...
                                X