Bazzle - Cherished Companion from 2002 - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bazzle Dog

I can't help with that question but did want to say how nice it is to hear from you and to know that Bazzle is doing so well... and sorry that you are struggling. Congrats on the Two-Year Sugarversary too!!

Natalie

Comment

thats a difficult question to answer . the only change jesse sees is maybe a 2 week trip to see my family. she enjoys going and enjoys coming back

there has been some that moved and most did just fine i think one person moved back to the state they left but not the same house

it really depends on your pup most times a laid back dog with little anxiety about things will do fine

age i guess can play a role but in good health and spirit things should be ok . maybe you can take bazz house hunting . if people dont like it thats not the place for you guys

dogs have a wonderful quite way of communicating with us and understanding are moods and they want to please us as much as we want to please them
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I think Patty moved a few times didn't she? I don't she logs in as often anymore could you try and message her?

And I'm glad things are going well for Bazzle and hope they turn around for you.
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

We've moved back and forth between Wisconsin and Florida for the last three years and Charlie has adapted well, even though he's blind. He does keep tabs on us, and looks for me when I have to travel for work.

I think as long as you are together he will be happy.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time.

Laura
          Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Sorry ur having a difficult time.
            I was in a situation a couple of years ago that went downhill rapidly and I had really no choice but to move very quickly with my lot. Alfie coped with it really well. It took him a while to find his way around the new place but other than that he didn't really seem bothered by it at all. I think he was happy enough to know that I was there and that was what he was concerned about.

While I understand u not wanting to get into the details I just want to say that being in a bad situation takes its toll on u so please look after yourself.

Allison.
            Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Maggie has always coped with moving and she has moved three times since diagnosis. She is fine as long as she is with me. I am sorry for the trouble - what a tough position. I have to say if I was worried about how he would react, I would probably do the same and tough it out. It is not fair to you but life doesn't always work like that - doesn't make it any better. Thinking of you and hoping things get better.
              Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I'm sorry for the challenges that are causing the hypothetical question but definitely congrats on 2 years.

Ali was used to moving prior to diagnosis (she moved 9 times in her lifetime), but after diagnosis she moved 3x with us. It did create the need to adapt her insulin and food based on the positive or negative stressors in a new environment (she was very sensitive to excitement and blood sugar would drop/rise). But she always adapted well to her surroundings.

I also had the luxury of being home with her to figure out what changes I needed to make and based those off of our home blood testing. Each pup is individual and you know Bazzle best.

Wishing you peace of mind with whatever you decide.
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

• Thank you all so much for your replies, it's nice to know that I have such a great support system when it comes to all things Bazzle. I think I'm going to follow my plan of waiting, but now I feel comfortable saying that if things get too bad and I feel like I can't handle it that moving is no longer out of the question entirely. I just have to keep in mind how he handles change and adjust accordingly. Just like when my niece and nephew come to visit, I know they drop his blood sugar, so I always give him a little less when they come over.
                  Bazz and I have only been through 1 move, and he adapted very quickly. Of course that was pre-diabetes and blindness. I think that's what worried me most and why I wasn't considering moving as an option. Now I feel like I have some confidence back
                  Thanks Again!
                  Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Hi

I,m just starting to gather everything and move. As long as were together we make it work and were happy and adjust.

Its amazing what goes through our minds eh. Can I get a quick vacation in? How much can I change his routine. Will he get through the snow this year. I don't worry any more. We just do it. He knows I,m around to help him if he needs me but he doesn't lol.

Don't worry about Bazzle, he,all adapt to whatever makes you happy
                    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

We moved with Abby several times, but not while she was diabetic. Having said that, I am not sure she would have stressed at all...as long as we were there for her.

I hope everything goes well, no matter what you decide.

Barb
                      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you to you all! Today is Bazzle's 13th birthday!! I know he would not be here right now if it weren't for all of the advice and encouragement you all have provided me.

I know the last time I posted things on Bazz's thread I was asking for advice on if anyone has but their pup's through a move. Well, in the end we've decided to stay where we're at. I'm sure he would have handled a move really well, but my finances and the housing market are really keeping us where we're at. I figure it's just as well, so that Bazz can have that stability in his life while he enjoys his golden years.

He's started having some pain in his elbow so we've added Tramadol to his regimen of normal pain killers, and that's seemed to help. We've also been tweaking his insulin, because now that we've hit the summer months his blood sugar has gone up (just like last year, BG drops in the winter, and rises in the summer). Despite these minor set backs Bazzle is a happy boy. He still does a little dance when I ask if he wants to go for a walk. He plays 'get the rope toy' with me almost every day. And he does every trick he can remember when he tries to con a treat out of me.

He's a great dog that brings a smile to my face even if I've had the worst of days. So again, thank you all for helping me give him a happy healthy life after his diagnosis. Thank you for welcoming us to the forum, and sharing your experiences!

Happy Birthday, my Razzle Dazzle Bazzle Boy!
                        Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

happy birthday razzle dazzle bazzle boy ( i like that )

you and bazzle have done a wonderful job and staying put was probably the best choice

glad things are going well
                          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

• Re: Bazzle Dog is 13! June 7, 2015

Happy teen Birthday Bazzle!!!

Natalie

Comment

Happy birthday, Bazzle!
                              Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

Happy birthday, Bazzle!

Jake
                                13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                                At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X