No announcement yet.

Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lucie has a foster home!! Yes!! Thank you Rick!!

That's looking really good!

Was her exercise yesterday in the morning? Wondered if that was part of the drop at 9am.

Seems like she's doing really well on NPH - I haven't looked back but I remember the Vetsulin curve as having a sharper drop.

Natalie

Comment

She's been getting a bit of exercise in throughout the day. Cattle Dogs are naturally high energy. She seems to have more energy each day.

Today it was "game on!" Lucy was out running & barking at Dingo & just having a great time. She is really acting like a Cattle Dog! I'm certain she can still see a little bit. Large objects that contrast with the background she will avoid, and she runs to Dingo or Fauna from time to time.

When nothing's going on she is also quite happy to lay down & sleep. Sometimes in the garage (we keep a dog bed there) sometimes the couch or sometimes on the patio. She seems quite happy anywhere. She's VERY low maintenance compared to Dingo.

I'm going to go with

Test/meal at 7:30

Injection at 8:00

I am taking her to the vet tomorrow for her rabies vaccination. I'll weigh her there. I am considering backing the "regular" food down to 1/2 cup per meal from 3/4 cup. She is looking really healthy. Maybe less of the regular food will bring down the BS a bit, too. I'll keep the SD Light at 1.5 cup per meal for now.

Rick

Comment

Thats sounds good, the exericse with lower the bg, she sounds like such a happy dog.

I am envious of your curve chart , I just got the MS Office home and student, but I have not figured the curve chart yet, i know the word and spreadsheets, it would help if I would go to the MS website and look for info.
        Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

• Curve Chart

It's an Excel chart. Just enter Time in Column A and BG in Column B. Open the Chart Wizard, select simple line chart, tweak some of the values & "Hey Presto!"

The hardest part was figuring how to get the chart to upload to Flickr. You have to "Save as Webpage."

Lucy's pre meal test was 340 tonight.

Rick

Comment

She didn't want you to think you had this all figured out!

I got one more donation since I wrote you last. I will send you a check for all that I have donated for Lucie's expenses so you can get the vaccination and more food when needed.

You're obviously so fond of Lucy... is there any way to make it possible for you to keep her?

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
              You're obviously so fond of Lucy... is there any way to make it possible for you to keep her?
              Natalie
              Unfortunately no. Two dogs is really our limit on a permanent basis. Thankfully Lucy is pretty easy so far. And right now I'm living in constant dread of some emergency vet bill for any of the three.

Lucy will find a forever home and she will be somebody's heart dog. All she wants is to love & be loved. She IS a Cattle Dog however, & she is showing it more every day. She loves to be active. I have GOT to find someone with a video cam. She bounds around like a gazelle and when she trots she high steps like some foofoo show dog!

Yes, I am VERY fond of her.

Rick

Comment

• New Pictures!

Took Lucy for her rabies vaccine today. Thanks Mel2001 from AuCaDo!

She weighed 32#!

She'll be getting parvo & distemper too but we're going to space them out due to her diabetes.

Took some pictures today. She sure looks a lot better than when we got her. She's also been acting like a Cattle Dog lately. Playing, chasing & barking at Dingo & Fauna when we play ball.

She has a bounding style of running and a real high stepping gait when she walks. She's beautiful!

She's a lover, too, and available for adoption...

Rick

Comment

• Re: New Pictures!

Wow she looks great! Intent on whatever she was after too. You've done a great job with her Rick.
                  Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Lucie looks just like Niki with short hair except Niki's head has mostly black and brown with a lil bit of white.
                    Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

• Re: New Pictures!

Originally posted by Fishslayer View Post
                      Took Lucy for her rabies vaccine today. Thanks Mel2001 from AuCaDo!

She weighed 32#!

She'll be getting parvo & distemper too but we're going to space them out due to her diabetes.

Took some pictures today. She sure looks a lot better than when we got her. She's also been acting like a Cattle Dog lately. Playing, chasing & barking at Dingo & Fauna when we play ball.

She has a bounding style of running and a real high stepping gait when she walks. She's beautiful!

She's a lover, too, and available for adoption...

Rick

Rick ,
                      You have done a great job Lucy looks great I can understand you not being able too keep her as it is expensive I am about £100 a month for Lucy I do not know what this is in dollars but you have another two dogs to think about
                      and I seem to be paying out all the time. As I said we only have one dog.
                      You and your wife have done a great job so far with Lucy and I just want to wish you both lots of love and good wishes.
                      Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Wow, she really looks great. That picture shows how well she's filled out with that bit of weight back on her.

Natalie

Comment

She looks beautiful!! I just love her face Good job, Rick!
                          Marion

Comment

Awwww, she is such a cutie! You would never know what she's been through to look at her now. You've done such a terrific job getting her back to good health. She is going to make a wonderful forever pet for some lucky family.

Comment

• Re: Curve Chart

Originally posted by Fishslayer View Post
                              It's an Excel chart. Just enter Time in Column A and BG in Column B. Open the Chart Wizard, select simple line chart, tweak some of the values & "Hey Presto!"

The hardest part was figuring how to get the chart to upload to Flickr. You have to "Save as Webpage."

Lucy's pre meal test was 340 tonight.

Rick
                              Rick how did you open the chart wizard in excel I managed to do the columns
                              ok but could not find the chart wizard I was just experimenting
                              Lucy's photo's are great she looks very alert
                              Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

• Lucy has a Petfinder page!

Thanks Karyl from Aussie Rescue SoCal!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=13208654

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X