Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Abby's Story

Originally posted by Abby's Mom View Post
    Considering the lump changes size, and get really large when she eats.... I am beginning to think so, and this would defintely be the reason why she has such irradic numbers.
    I wondered about abscess too. Poor girl, hope you guys can figure it out
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I hope that you can figure out what's going on, and that Abby feels better soon!
      Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

oh i understand teeth problems hope thats the answer or something that can find a remedy quickly and get back to normal soon

prayers for a positive outcome
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Poor Abby - hope you get to the bottom of it soon.
          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

• Hi Barb, Tell Abby SHE CANNOT GET SICK!

When the vet withdrew the fluid from the lump was it clear or did it have particles in it? Is there any chance she could have a pocket in her esophagus that high up? Sometimes things just get stretched out. There was a you tube video of a woman who would give her megae dog a circular massage right around the Adam's apple to help the food go down. It would be easy enough to experiment with as long as you don't put too much pressure on it.

I hope the mystery is solved soon and turns out to be nothing serious.

Tara
            Tara in honor of Ruby.
            She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
            Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Barb,

Did you tell Abby what Tara said? Abby....are you listening?

Eileen
              Scooter, Born 1/12/2003, passed away 8/2013~10 lb Maltese, dx 3/2010, lived a happy life.

Comment

Hey Barb, how was Abby today? I just can't hear this last bit and not get an update?

Tara
                Tara in honor of Ruby.
                She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.

Comment

Hi Barb,
                  Sure hope all is ok with Abby... Let us know when you can.
                  Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Wondering how you and Abby are doing...

Natalie

Comment

I remembered that Barb usually isn't on the forum on weekends and I bet we won't hear from her until Monday. I know how we worry so.....

Tara
                      Tara in honor of Ruby.

Comment

Sorry guys, I just left you all hanging. Abby is still hanging in there. The Doctor placed her on Orbax for the swollen lymph gland, and the lump it is still there. Her appetite is still good, but she is just not herself. Not exactly her perky self. But she seems not to be in any pain, but she knows the lump is there.

I have done a lot of research, and I think it may be inner ear related. A few days ago, I opened the door to let her out, she shook her head, and fell over. Even though I had her at the vet a few weeks ago, and she was on a round of clavamox, I still think she has a persistent infection.

I thought it may be her teeth, but when she feel over like that, I started thinking back to the ear. Even though her ear does not smell, and it looks clean, I wonder it if is an inner ear infection.

I am going to call the vet in the AM again, and see what we need to do.

I increased her insulin dosage to 6.5, and her BG levels seems to be much better. We are getting high 200s for fasting, and she will go down to the mid-high 100s for her nadir. Sort of tells me that perhaps she is on the right track..

Thank you all of checking in on us.

Barb
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Glad you got her levels down Barb. I worry about them building up tolerances but maybe she just needs some serious antibiotics? Fingers crossed. That would have freaked me out when she fell over
                          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Hoping and praying for a good outcome for Abby and you, Barb.
                            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Glad her bg levels are better Barb. Ears and throat/oral area are definitely tightly connected. Hope the vet has a good solution.
                              Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Glad she is better, Barb and hope you can solve the mystery soon.
                                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Working...
                                X