AlphaTrak meters available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlphaTrak meters available

Along the way, I have received three AlphaTrak meters - one old AlphaTrak original version and two AlphaTrak 2 meters, one used and one I believe has never been used.

These meters are available to anyone interested in them, with preference given to people who are having difficulty paying for their dog's diabetes care.

I happened to be going through some stuff today - knew I had one or two but didn't realize I had three of them! Would love to put them to use instead of sitting in a drawer here.

First one who asks me for it gets it - meter of choice until they're gone.

Natalie

Re: AlphaTrak meters available

This is very kind of you. I wish I saw this a week ago, before I bought mine!
    I have one, however, I wanted to share where I got mine for $52.99.
    HealthyPets.com There are often coupon codes for this site somewhere out there, too.
    Any idea where to get Control Solution and strips at a good price? Can I use Control Solution for another glucometer in the AT2?
    I've found FS Lite strips are more expensive than AT2 strips. Walmart.com has a box of 50 for $29.25 right now, with free s&h.
    How often should the Control Solution be used?

Comment

Originally posted by CathCasc View Post
      This is very kind of you. I wish I saw this a week ago, before I bought mine!
      I have one, however, I wanted to share where I got mine for $52.99.
      HealthyPets.com There are often coupon codes for this site somewhere out there, too.
      Any idea where to get Control Solution and strips at a good price? Can I use Control Solution for another glucometer in the AT2?
      I've found FS Lite strips are more expensive than AT2 strips. Walmart.com has a box of 50 for $29.25 right now, with free s&h.
      How often should the Control Solution be used?
      Personally, I probably used control solution 3-5 times over 10 years. I’m sure some use it whenever they start a new box of test strips, but the range of acceptable results is so wide I didn’t find it worthwhile.

Craig
      Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Hello! I have been away for a while, but I’m happy to say Mr Shadow is doing great. There are days when he will refuse to eat and gets 1/4 of normal insulin amount. Here is my question: do you have any alphatrack booklets to keep track of his glucose readings? Ours is quickly coming to its end.

Thanks in advance!

WLW
        Mr. Shadow 11 year old mix breed, 21 lbs. , diabetes diagnosis Sept. 2015. Currently on 10 units Novolin N

Comment

I don't - just the meters. I suspect you can find something online to print yourself or perhaps can buy the AlphaTrak log - or log of another brand.

I always kept all of my records in an Excel spreadsheet.

Natalie

Comment

Natalie do you still have any alpha trak meters available?

I would like one if you do..I don’t know if mines working properly...
            Mochi is a 11 year old Pomeranian. Weighing 11-12 lbs
            Diagnosed with diabetes February 2016
            Had cataract surgery June 2016.
            On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

I do. I am going to ship one of the AlphaTrak2s to someone temporarily to use to calibrate her Relion. I can send you the other one.

Send me a message or an email (k9diabetes@gmail.com) with your full name and address and I'll send it along.

I'd like to get them in to use, even as a backup. They aren't doing anyone any good sitting in a drawer here.

Natalie

Comment

Hi Natalie

Thanks for letting me know. It’s ok I actually went to a vet and bought another kit for 130$ Canadian ..I was desperate to get get his blood sugar.

Thank you
                Mochi is a 11 year old Pomeranian. Weighing 11-12 lbs
                Diagnosed with diabetes February 2016
                Had cataract surgery June 2016.
                On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

Working...
                X