Angel Mochi December 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pray for mochi..

When my Phoenix crashed again with the kidney failure, I was in shock, too.

After my vet's first diagnosis that she wouldn't live 'til Thanksgiving in November 2018 (2 weeks), she came back from the ashes and made him a liar (in his words). After that, he said she would probably live a year. Since she had defied his first diagnosis, I hopefully thought she might live many more years.

When she crashed 10 months later, I hoped again she would come back. The symptoms were different now. My vet said she would let me know when it was time to let her go. He is such a wonderful vet.

I took her to my vet on that last Friday. He ran bloodwork and said her creatinine levels had climbed more and that she might live a week or so more. But he said she wasn't in pain. I was so worried about that. I didn't want her to suffer.

I told him she had enjoyed her walk the day before at Beck Lake Park. Beck Lake was her favorite place in the whole world where she could be off leash and run as fast as she could and splash in the water. He said keep doing what you're doing. She will tell you.

She let me know six days later. Thinking about this, it still makes me cry. She was the best dog. My sweet baby girl. I got lucky in the fact that most people have a once in a lifetime best dog. I've had two -- My Phoenix and my little Pippi who is a part of this diabetic dog group. I feel so blessed.

Comment

Thank you all for your support...

We brought Mochi home yesterday from the emergency and we told ourselves that if mochi would eat a bit we will keep him until he's ready to go..
      He came home happy and started looking for his ball..then he willingly and a little bowl of chicken. We were so happy...but it didn't last long..he went to sleep and didn't even want to move..when dinner time came he didn't want any food.

The vet called me back and said they ran another blood work on Mochi and said everything is progressing really fast..his liver is beyond damaged and he will start turning yellow and not want to eat even more..
      We booked an appointment with a vet to come over and put him to sleep at home so he is more comfortable.
      Thank you everyone...this forum really saved me and mochi when he was diagnosed...im just truly hurt that he has to go with such a aggressive cancer.. my other dog passed last year with another aggressive cancer and my grandma just passed with a aggressive cancer in the summer too.. it is truly unfair..

I'm going to have a super hard time adjusting...I never thought mochi would be getting pancreatitic cancer
      Mochi is a 11 year old Pomeranian. Weighing 11-12 lbs
      Diagnosed with diabetes February 2016
      Had cataract surgery June 2016.
      On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

I'm so very sorry. And such a terrible time of the year for such a huge loss and sadness.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

I've always loved your darling picture of Mochi. It sounds like he had as good of a last night as he could. Ate a little, cuddled a little. I know the suddenness makes it so much worse. thinking of you Judi
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I’m so very sorry to hear this sad news about Mochi ... sending you a hug and peace as best it comes at a time like this.

Natalie

Comment

I am soooooo sorry. Cancer really sucks. Mochi looks so much like my Yukie but a much smaller version. I lost Yukie December 2nd to Oral Cancer. It is so hard to lose our babies - they mean the world to us. From what I read about you posting Mochi he was your everything. Coming from someone who just lost their baby - just take it a day at a time. 2020 has been a really bad year. I walk twice a day my dog walk in honor of Yukie - I tell my neighbors I am on my "Yukon Walk" right now can't stop.

Please continue to help others on this website as I will try to do. I have to do that in honor of my baby.
              Last edited by YukiesMom; 12-21-2020, 06:49 PM. Reason: Because
              15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 11.5u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken and chicken bone broth. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.

Comment

Working...
              X