Cooper - diabetes and cushings - Crossed the rainbow bridge 5/3/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cooper - diabetes and cushings - Crossed the rainbow bridge 5/3/2014

I'm so sorry for the loss of Cooper! What a sweet boy he was! Sending prayers up for peace and comfort for you and your family.
    Mel and Vinny
    Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss of Cooper. He certainly went through a lot to get to that Rainbow Bridge.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Rest in Peace, Cooper.

Comment

Me tooo Juli

Run free Cooper

You, ll be fine Juli, takes time but you, ll be free if worrying about your sweet boy Cooper.

Mo
          Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
          20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

• Re: Cooper - diabetes and cushings

Originally posted by juliwilliams View Post
            Cooper passed away today. I believe it was kidney failure. I was out most of the day taking my 5 year old from one activity to the next. I came home and my husband mentioned in passing that Cooper kept falling down. I immediately ran over and did a reading. It was in the 300s but his gums and lips were white and cold. I rushed him to the emergency vet and he passed away in the car on the way in.

They asked if I wanted to see a doctor but I didn't see much need for that. I guess the loss of appetite was the beginning stages of kidney failure. I called the vet about him not eating and they suggested putting watered down bacon fat on his food to encourage eating. If that didn't work to bring him in. It worked so I never brought him in. No reason to wonder what if...we cherished every day with him since his initial diagnosis a year and a half ago. He was the best dog ever and we will miss him terribly!
            oh i am so sorry for your loss he was a fighter for sure..I know how you feel and in a way you were lucky he passed away before you got there.he knew he was loved..its been on month for me and it does get a little easier every day...hang in there you will be ok..and now cooper can run free with fred and all the other wonderful babies out there..bug hugs to you and your family..
            sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Comment

Juli
              So sorry for your sudden loss. Hopefully remembering the good times will make this time bearable for you and your family.

Judy (and Sadie)
              Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

Thaank you all for the kind words! We miss him terribly! My husband says his final gift to us was going on his own terms, it would have been too hard to choose to put him down.
                Cooper: German Shorthaired Pointer. 65 pounds. Diagnosed diabetes 11/2012. Diagnosed Cushings 3/2013. Diagnosed Addisons 7/2013. 52 units 2x a day Humulin N. Crossed the rainbow bridge 5/3/2014.

Comment

So terribly sorry for your loss. I do agree with your husband, and I think Cooper probably knew the pain of the choice to come would have been too much for you too. I hope that the memories of him will help ease the pain a bit while you grieve. Sending cyber hugs to you and your family,

Audrey & Bazzle Dog
                  Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourself now :-(
                    Karen & Sammie 65 lb Female Golden Retriever/Collie 12 years old. Addisons and diabetes diagnosed June, 2011. 15 U am/ 8 U pm Novolin N & 2 mg of Prednisone/day. 3 cups Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Lamb split into 4x a day feedings.

Comment

Working...
                    X