Welcome Patty as a moderator :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Patty as a moderator :)

Several months ago I asked Patty if she would be willing to serve as a forum "host" who could make sure that new members got a quick and helpful response and welcome and to alert me to things like threads that needed to be merged or new member posts made in other parts of the forum that should be moved to the main discussion.

She generously and graciously agreed and has done a wonderful job!

So today I formalized her role as a forum host by appointing her as a moderator at the forum, which will allow her to move posts, merge threads, and change thread titles as needed.

I want to thank Patty personally for the breathing room her extra participation has given me this spring and for the sound and compassionate advice she always gives here.

Natalie

Re: Welcome Patty as a moderator

Thanks Natalie. I'm more than happy to help!

When it comes to advice, Ali gives me a lot to learn from . And I definitely gain as much information here as I give!

Patty
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Well, personally I don't think you could have made a better choice

Congratulations Patty!

Hugs,
      Heidi and Chloe

Comment

Patty - and Natalie - and members All,

I'm as grateful as anybody that Patty has agreed to do this generally thankless and time-consuming job.

It has to be a huge amount of work to manage a forum the size of this one. Natalie, you've always done a great job, and Patty, very obviously, you areWed, doing the same! Patty - thanks SO MUCH for taking this on!

7 Apr 2010 14:20:11 (PDT)
        http://www.coherentdog.org/
        CarolW

Comment

Patty,
          Well done. It's obvious that Natalie has put a lot of thought into choosing a helper and you should be proud.
          Jenny

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Patty.
            Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Congratulations, Patty!

Comment

Congratulations from me too, Patty..... and thank you!

Comment

This is the BEST news EVER!!!!!!!! (Well...next to Ozzi not running BG's in the 500's!!)

Patty has been extremely helpful to me and I read her posts to others in the same light. Patty ALWAYS responds quickly, and offers sound, valued information and help to all of us. I trust her advice implicitly. It's obvious from her posts how knowledgeable, caring and compassionate she is, and how much information she has about canine diabetes!!

Personally, I cannot think of a better person to fill this position!

Congratulations to you Patty for your willingness to jump into this position, and to you Natalie for having the foresight to make the appointment!!

Kevin
                  Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
                    Thanks Natalie. I'm more than happy to help!

When it comes to advice, Ali gives me a lot to learn from . And I definitely gain as much information here as I give!

Patty

Congratulations Patty
                    You certainly deserve this, you have helped me many times. I am so pleased for you

Marg
                    Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Patty, congratulations!!

Your patience, knowledge, and huge heart make you perfect for the task and we're all lucky to have you around!
                      Daisy & Noodle - 9 yr old Lab mix dx 1/09 ~ 51lbs ~ 38U Humulin N, 2x ~ 1 3/4 cups am/pm Blue Buffalo dry, 1/4 can am/pm BB Wilderness.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your kind words! When Natalie asked me to help out, I was more than happy to do it. It's nice to be able to give back in some small way for all the help and support I've received. I think Natalie does a phenomenal job managing this board.

Patty
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post

Your patience, knowledge, and huge heart make you perfect for the task and we're all lucky to have you around!
                          AMEN!

Congratulations Patty!

Blessings, Carla

Comment

Adding my congratulations and thanks to Patty as well. I run a couple of Yahoo email groups so know how much of a job this can be.

Naomi has been doing such a great job with this forum that we tend to forget how much work and commitment this involves. Thanks to you both for maintaining this lifeline for all of us.

Sorry I'm a bit behind again on the forum but had my regular operation on Wednesday (change of ureteric stent) and been in a bit of trouble since with pain and problems.
                            Jan & Dazzle (Border Collie aged 12 yrs) dx 06th February 2009. Dx Hypothyroid 12th July 2011. 6 units am & 5 units pm for this week - still trying to get her back on track. Soloxine 0.4 mgs once a day.

Comment

Well I had to go to the second page to catch this string. Pardon me for sending my congratulations so late! As I said to Peggy, you are to be admired for taking on this selfless task! I know what it's like to feel all alone with a newly diagnosed dog! So, congratulations and thank you Patty!

Pam

Comment

Working...
                              X