Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:57 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

I hope today is a little easier Amy. I thought of you all day yesterday. I always said you had the biggest village to help with your little diva's issues. I hope that village of everyone who loved and cared for her helps bring you some comfort today.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:59 AM

The pain will always be there - but it does lessen. Your good memories start to become a comfort, vs. a loss. I still pine away for my Soaph and Syd and get teared up talking about them....but then something funny happens and you remember them doing something goofy and it makes you laugh.

It takes time, life will never be the same, but the awesome memories will come back.

I posted a video a while back on my FB page. "If Dogs Could Talk"...

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOCeJSQCTs

A couple weeks after I posted this video, a friend of mine send me a gift, a photo frame engraved that said "Thanks for everything, I had a wonderful time" with a picture of Soaphie and Sydney in it.

I think you need to watch this and know that Maggie is thanking you from the bottom if her heart (and tail).

Hugs (and tears) to you....we miss her as well.

Tami, Karl and Kaj
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:11 AM

Amy,

It does get better, but the days after for me were really tough to bear. So it seemed everything was Abby. I would open up a cupboard, and her toothbrush would fall out, or I would hear her tags, or catch her out of the corner of my eye. I think her spirit was still behind letting me know that she around.

Finally I realized that she will always be by my side, no matter how long I live, and I found comfort in this.

Friends on this site helped me through the toughest times, and I hope you find comfort that we are all here for you. My hope for you is that for each day that passes a new routine develops, but you will always remember the funny antics of Maggie. She will be missed by me, as I always looked forward to reading about her antics, or see a new photo of her in a new dress or outfit.

Take care of yourself, take time to heal.

Thanking of you,
Barb
Old 06-22-2016, 09:17 AM

Amy,
I think all of our hearts are with you as you go through this very difficult time. Do what you need to do to start healing with your angel by your side.
Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydunn19 View Post
Monday was one of the worst days of my life, without question.

Thanks guys for all of your support - I know you understand where I am at, more so than any of my friends and family here. I just wish I could stop crying so much. I normally tend to internalize sadness but this is so immense and profound, I can't seem to stop. This stops eventually, right?
Thanks so much for sharing, Amy. Totally appreciate what you're going through. This is coming up on 3 years since Otis left (October 2013), and my eyes still fill with tears every time I drive by Otis' vet's (Dr. Bob Parker) office. Most times I can eke out a smile through the tears, remembering that the tears wouldn't be there if the time Otis and I spent together hadn't been so good.

Thanks for the video, Tami, don't recall seeing it before.
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Last edited by farrwf; 06-22-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:18 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Tami - that video was lovely - thanks for posting it!

Has anyone had these glass sculptures done with ashes?
http://www.rainbowbridgehearts.com/

Those are so beautiful and I want a couple to have. They use like a spoon of the ashes and I think they are just lovely. Maybe I could get one that is a strawberry moon color.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:25 PM

Wink Re: Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

Awww,beautiful....what a great idea with strawberry moon..
Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:04 AM

Amy,

After just go thru this two weeks ago today I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I do believe that our fur children let us know when it is time and your story brought fresh tears to my eyes. Lifting you up......

Jim
Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:18 PM

I know how you feel about it, I give you a HUG i know you're hurt right now. It takes time to heal just be strong.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Introducing Maggie - Diabetic 8 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydunn19 View Post
Today I finally got the sign I have been hoping for. When Maggie and I were much younger, and I would be sad or upset, she would crawl in my lap and lick my face very lightly but she would do it until I was feeling better. She has not been affectionate in a couple of years, due to probably dementia and losing her vision. This morning, she was up on my lap and I was just very softly talking to her. She suddenly started licking my face like crazy, and she was doing this kind of whining noise but not in a sad tone(if that makes sense) - she did this for a few minutes. I took it as a sign that she was letting me know it was okay - that she knows I am doing this for her.

It maybe is a case of seeing what I wanted to see or maybe my face just tasted good, but I am going to take this as a sign and go with it. It has given me a bit of peace.
I'm so sad to hear about Maggie. My tears are flowing for you. I know how much it must hurt but I also know that Maggie was telling you she was ready. The face licking was for the love you gave her all these years.

Peace be with you and your girl Maggie.
Willis