Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Regulating Bailey

Prayers for you and Bailey. Understand the, 'hoping for the best and preparing for the worst' concept. Keep us posted! Hugs to you both.
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:35 PM

Thanks for the messages. I'll be sure to pass on some hugs.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:02 PM

Prayers for Bailey.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Oh boy, praying for Bailey Geoff!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Aw... hoping for good news from the biopsy. What kind of tumor do you think it is?

Met a lab Zoe today while taking Katie to the vet. Zoe had some kind of tumor removed from her neck and apparently most of her ear canal removed. I didn't ask about the prognosis but she seemed happy. She was at the vet because the incision had opened up for some reason so they were cleaning it out.

Fingers, toes, whiskers, tails, and ears here are crossed for a good outcome for Bailey.

Natalie
Old 03-26-2014, 01:17 AM

Hello Natalie. Thank-you. I believe it is the nasty type on his larynx. I forget the name. At this stage it is a "lump" but the vet is concerned and it's in the right spot, Bailey is the right age (11.5) plus his overall health is not good. I think I have received a "sign" from him as I asked him (Bailey!) the other night if he has had enough. He has never been the same since losing his eyesight. I'll be honest it has been 25 years (I'm 41) since I lost my last dog and she got hit by a car and was only 1 year or so old and I wasn't as nearly attached to her as my beloved Bailey. I find this whole thing very hard and my heart goes out to all people who lose a loved one, be it pet or otherwise.

I swear I have grieved for Bailey 3 times over! He has been through a lot over the past few years and boy does time fly. He is lying beside me now in the study, waiting for his dinner, he LOVES his food! I swear that it the highlight of his day and why not! Anyhow, enough sadness for now. I have given him and will continue to dish out many many cuddles and pats from both myself and you all. Thanks - Geoff
Old 03-26-2014, 01:23 AM

Hugs and pats from us Geoff

Riley had two fatty tumors removed 2010 non malignant
Good luck
Enjoy ur dinner Bailey
Old 03-26-2014, 02:33 AM

You guys are great. He certainly enjoyed his dinner! Yes he has a few fatty lumps elsewhere (1-2) so fingers crossed, I always think the worst and Google is NO help, it will find what you WANT to find!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:47 AM

Hello all. Taking Bailey to the vet tomorrow morning for his eye check and results of biopsy. I know in my heart though that he is not well so either way I think his time is up. He has had a bad week. Would you believe it was two years ago I took his first blood sample thanks to you awesome people on this forum. You have helped him, and me so much and for that I give thanks.

Prayers for my little angel.

Geoff
Old 03-28-2014, 05:31 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

I am sending positive thoughts your way!

Amy