Annie & Craig - Getting too smart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

We did the switch to Novolin on 11-1 and things looked OK until today! Here's her readings:

11-1
    7:45A = 247 fasting (2.0 R, 7.0 N)
    10:00A = 104
    12:00N = 115
    3:00P = 96
    5:00P = 88 (one very small treat)
    7:45P = 157 (1.0 R, 6.75 N)
    12:00M = 97

11-2
    7:45A = 344 fasting (2.0 R, 7.0 N)
    2:00P = 146
    5:30P = 121
    7:45P = 95 (1.0 R, 7.0 N)
    9:45P = 110
    11:45P = 143

11-3
    7:45A = 333 fasting (2.0 R, 7.0 N)
    4:00P = 390

I wasn't expecting the 390 @ 4PM (tested twice)! The morning injection seemed normal, and there wasn't any bird seed, or any other food broken into! The only thing out of the ordinary today was that she was home alone from 8AM - 4PM. I suppose she spent the entire day in either her puppy bed, or on the sofa.

I'm thinking if she is around 400ish this evening I'll give 2.25 R, 7.0 N. Unusual, but stranger things happen. I won't go crazy with one "bad" day.

p.s. Don't forget your clocks tonight.
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

What do u do about the time change.that is an extra hour to spike or fall?????
      Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

• Oh. Forgot all about the time change! So at 6 am in the morning tomorrow it will really be like 7 am, right? So it will be as if the injection were an hour late? Or am I confusing myself? I hate the time change.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Forum Runner
        Shelby - JRT | b: 7/02, a: 9/14/02 | Addison's Disease - symptoms appeared 8/25/09, DX 10/5/09 | Diabetes - 5/26/11 | Blind 7/11 | W/D can/dry | Novolin N (Relion), Percoten (every 27 dys - Addisons), Prednisolone (Addisons), Actigal (for gallbladder), Liver supplement

Comment

That is a surprise. Maybe she got excited about something and used it up? I'm waiting till next weekend to do a curve with Jenny on the novolin
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by eastolberg View Post
            Oh. Forgot all about the time change! So at 6 am in the morning tomorrow it will really be like 7 am, right? So it will be as if the injection were an hour late? Or am I confusing myself? I hate the time change.

Probably easiest just to delay the evening meal / shot by 30 minutes. That way they would have 12.5 hours today between injections, and 12.5 hours between tonights dinner and tomorrows breakfast. Think that's right!

Guess if you have already given the evening meal / shot at the "normal" time, you could give breakfast 30 minutes early (after retarding the clock) and be on schedule for tomorrows dinner. Again, I think that's right!

Or just "suck it up" and give the meal / injection at the "proper" time and realize the time between dinner and breakfast will be 13 hours and deal with slightly higher numbers in the morning.
            Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

• We will probably try 30 minutes early in the morning, that is if I can force myself out of bed when it's still in the 5 am time frame on the clock. Glad you mentioned the time change!

Shelby - JRT | b: 7/02, a: 9/14/02 | Addison's Disease - symptoms appeared 8/25/09, DX 10/5/09 | Diabetes - 5/26/11 | Blind 7/11 | W/D can/dry | Novolin N (Relion), Percoten (every 27 dys - Addisons), Prednisolone (Addisons), Actigal (for gallbladder), Liver supplement

Comment

• We switched to novolin too, last week. We were doing ok it seemed until a few days ago and now its like 9.5 units is not enough and 10 is too much.
                I need to go pick up some more test strips tomorrow and do a real curve.

Comment

Hope it was just an anomaly Craig.
                  Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
                    Hope it was just an anomaly Craig.
                    Looks like yesterdays high readings were an anomaly, tested at 90 this morning on the same 7.0 units of Novolin-N. Possibly Annie did find something to snack on while she was alone, but she was cleaver enough not to leave any wrappers or crumbs! Also, guess it could have been a "fur shot", but I haven't done one of those in a couple of years.

Still fine tuning the switch from Humulin to Novolin, reduced the N to 6.75 this morning to possibly raise that 90 into the 100s. Looks like the Novolin-N might be 1/4 to 1/2 unit less than we used with Humulin-N. Of course, there could be other factors (weather?) besides the insulin.

Comment

!!!! Is novolin stronger???? Maybe that is why I had to back Sissy off 1/2 unit, sooo far!!
                      I did 5:30 this a.m. and will do normal 6 p.m. tonight to make up the hr!
                      Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

• You know I had an afternoon like that a month or so ago where Shelby was abnormally high when I got home and I couldn't figure it out. Later that night I looked at the camera I have in the kitchen and apparently someone had rang our doorbell and knocked and Shelby was barking for 15 minutes and going nuts. I attributed the high number to the excitement after that.

Could anything like that have happened?

Comment

Craig,were all of those #'s with the prime meter??? The fasting 300's too????

Comment

Originally posted by stylynjm View Post
                            Craig,were all of those #'s with the prime meter??? The fasting 300's too????
                            The readings yesterday were converted from the Prime, so in reality the numbers were probably in the 400s. Of course, I don't see any difference between 300 and 400; just too high. I didn't report the 8:15P fasting for yesterday, it was a converted 509, so I'm guessing it was actually over 600! I didn't want to waste an AlphaTrak strip on such a high number (possibly should have just for the information)

Things looked better this morning (90), I'll probably test once or twice later this afternoon.

You got me curious as to her current reading. 144 at 1:30.
                            Last edited by CraigM; 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM. Reason: Added 1:30 BG reading

Comment

She's better at hiding her snacking than Alfie apparantly! He left wrappers (well, most of them anyway) all over! LOL
                              Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Try doing one of her high numbers with both meters and let me know if ur percentages change!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X