Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

So, I haven't been around much lately just checking in now and then. The holidays were busy at the shop and our schnauzer, Mya, has congestive heart failure and her condition has gone down quickly. But, she is on two additional meds and is holding her own. I know that it is not going to improve for her but the thought of letting two go in one year just was too much. So, I am glad she seems to feel better. I would not let her suffer but I was pretty sure having to go through that again was going to send me over the edge.

I did kind of a crazy thing - I got a jack Russell puppy. She doesn't look anything like Maggie - that would be weird. I just missed Maggie so much after six months and I was so sad. Things weren't getting better. Now, I finally feel better but I also feel guilty for being so happy. I still miss Maggie so much but this puppy with all her crazy puppy joy has at least brought back some of the good memories of Maggie and Mordy. She will never be Maggie and that is ok. One Maggie per lifetime is all anyone could hope for.
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

yes amy it can be a struggle with the attachments we have with our love pups

I think the hard part is when they pass 10 years old knowing the inevitable is just around the corner , We enjoy the day to day but sometimes that inevitability enters when things slow down and we have time to think

the new puppy is so much fun so much energy and a zest for life glad you decided to do this not to forget maggie but actually strengthening her memory through the new pup
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

How nice! ... Congrats on the new add, Amy, ... what's her name?

No doubt Maggie's quite pleased with your decision. She doesn't want you to hurt and knows she always has that special place in your heart, reserved for only her.
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

• Congratulations on the new addition to your family! New pups are wonderful, and can bring comfort to you during sad times. No dog will ever replace a past dog, but I strongly believe they help our hearts grow.
          That's what Joono is doing for me, and he's been an angel. I found myself so sad the day after Christmas missing my Bazzle boy so much I ended up sobbing into my pillow, and after a minute or two Joono started snuggled up against me and giving me tender licks.
          Sending hope that Mya stays comfortable and happy, and that you all enjoy the new happy high energy puppy
          Audrey
          Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

so sorry to hear about Mya. I'm really glad you got a puppy. She is a lucky girl!
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Congratulations Amy. New puppies give you no time to think, and they bring such happiness when we are sad. No need to feel guilty, Maggie is smiling on you.
              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
              X