Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Monster Vinny

I did a curve this past Saturday. Our vet asked that we raise Vinny from 18 to 18.5 units BID. I started this Monday night so I thought by Saturday Vinny should be adjusted.

242 5:30 am before food and insulin
    131 8 am
    121 10 am
    152 12 pm
    124 3 pm
    268 6 pm before food and insulin

What do you think? I'm just a bit concerned by the lowest numbers, but this was done with the AT2 and mine reads a bit higher than the vets.

Otherwise, Vinny is doing remarkable! I can't believe what a willing test subject he's been!

Mel
    Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Nice. I'd hold steady. You can always check the low point periodically too.
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Beautiful numbers..!!
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Those are beautiful numbers!!!! Like patty said, I wouldn't do a thing different and hold steady! Congrats!!

Sandy

Comment

Wow, what I would have done for numbers like those!

I also would not change anything for now. Maybe a week later do an abbreviated curve to be sure the dose hasn't settled in more lowering the lows.

Later on if you want to bridge the gap between the low and the high to get it within 100 points, you could try adding just a hair of carbs to the meal. For rit now though I wouldn't mess with it.

Congratulations! Tara
            Tara in honor of Ruby.
            She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
            Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

yes as others said i would leave the dose alone

you can start playing with food or snacks maybe that could remove the spike even further .

i
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Most excellent curve!

Craig
                Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Awesome curve Mel, congrats from me too

Just check the 10 am bg periodically

You Rock Vinnie

Mo
                  Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                  20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Good curve!
                    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

So...I'm a dumb butt!

I ordered some Free Style test strips from I'm not sure where. I figured out I had one more AT2 strip left so I decided to do a quick comparison. I set the meter on 7...40 points higher. I set the meter on 35...40 points lower! I had an 80 point spread!

So I went back to Craig's post and realized...I bought the wrong thing. So, I just went and bought what I do need. Anyone need Free Style InsulLinx Test Strips?
                      Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Lol, sorry lol
                        Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                        20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Don't feel bad! There are soooo many test strips!

Craig
                          Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

I have done this, on many things. Thinking I got the right ones, and ended up with the wrong ones!!
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Hi Mel! How is Vinny doing lately? Still good numbers I hope!

Margaret
                              Margaret; Teddy is a 10 year old 40 lb. cockapoo; relion-Novolin-N 2x - 17 units; Natural balance fish and sweet potato; blind from cataracts and glaucoma

Comment

Margaret...I just got new testing strips yesterday! A week without them makes you think there's something wrong with your dog every day!

We're back on track! Hope Teddy isn't any worse for wear from last night!
                                Mel

Comment

Working...
                                X