Lily - My English Setter became an angel April 24, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lily - My English Setter

Oh my gosh, Mike! I am so sorry to come into the forum, only to read of your great loss! Many hugs to you and your sweet Lily <3
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

OMG...I am in sort of a shock... I guess I am always feeling sad when we have to face the loss of our pets..never do I imagine the loss of our "human" family members...I am sure your wife had a lovely life with you..FORTY NINE YEARS!!!...and a great story of memories if you ever choose to share...I hope that you are doing okay..I cannot imagine what you are going through!! I am sooooo sorry!!!
      Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

LizE, Amy, Tami and Fran... thank you
        Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
        Diabetes: Aug 2013
        Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
        Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Just checking in with a Lily update.

She’s aging gracefully, but slowing down a bit as she grows older. I probably shouldn’t say this but she hasn’t had any ear or skin infections for a long time now. Her BG levels have remained stable.

Arthritis is a problem, but she seems to be coping with it better now that she is taking CBD oil.

We just got back from a long walk, so she decided to relax a bit...

Last edited by MikeMurphy; 05-15-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Happy lily . Now thats a good dogs life

glad everything is well with lily . Jesse is getting to be an old gal . My mom says dont say that she may hear
            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Happy Birthday to Lily! She’s 12 years old today and also entering her 7th year with diabetes and hypothyroidism.

In order to get her to eat more consistently, I’ve changed her diet a bit. She’s been getting one cup of Nulo Cod and Lentils, along with a half cup of shredded boiled chicken for a few months now.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Lily!! May you have many more.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

happy birthday lily . You look great . Mike you have done a wonderful job with her
                  Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Lily is celebrating her 13th birthday today. She’s doing well and also entering her 8th year with diabetes and hypothyroidism. She’s currently on 15 units of Novolin N, twice daily.

Mike and Lily

Comment

Happy birthday Lily . Mike you two have done amazing job with such a long happy dogs life with this disease and other challenges to go along with diabetes . Its always a balancing act . You and Lily have been an important asset to the forum with your experience . Keep up the good work you 2

Comment

Happy Birthday, Lily!

Comment

Congrats. Always encouraging to hear stories like this. Lots of good years still ahead, I'm sure.
                          Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Lilly happy birthday
                            you look younger every year
                            Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                            20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Happy Birthday Lily!!!
                              Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Hallo Mike en Lily,

Gefeliciteerd vanuit Nederland
                                We have learned much from your story. Keep going on!

Groetjes Annemieke en Bart
                                Bart is a Small Münsterlander, born 07-2011, 21 kg
                                Diabetes: okt 2019 Insulin: Vetsulin morning 6.5 and evening 6 units
                                Meter: Freestyle reader and Accucheck
                                Diet: Raw meat with 25% vegetables

Comment

Working...
                                X