Ginny's Starz passed away Dec. 27 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginny's Starz passed away Dec. 27 2008

Ginny's Starz died unexpectedly at the emergency hospital, they think possibly of cancer.

For those of you who didn't know Ginny and Starz, they are the "starz" of this lovely home test video that Ginny made some time ago... maybe 2005. Ginny did a fabulous job regulating and monitoring Starz.

http://www.k9diabetes.com/starzliptest.mpg

I'm just in shock as we had corresponded before Christmas and Starz was doing well. This came on very suddenly.

Godspeed to Starz,

Natalie and the spirit of her diabetes buddy, Chris...

Re: Ginny's Starz passed away last night

I'm so sorry, I feel your loss

If my parting has left a void
    Then fill it with remembered joy.
    ---------------------------------

Those we love don't go away,
    They walk beside us every day,
    Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear

Take care Ginny, theres another star up above now
    Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

My Goodness... I can't believe it's been that long since I first saw that video.
      It always makes me so sad to hear of these passings.
      Ginny, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Once again taking the following from Donna ( Kevlar's mom ):

Our animals shepherd us through certain eras of our lives.
      When we are ready to turn the corner and make it on our own... they let us go.

Paul & Zip
      Last edited by fatdog55; 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM.

Comment

So sorry for your loss - our thoughts and hugs are with you!
        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that Ginny has lost Starz....she was such a devoted mom. It shines through in the video...the mutual love. God bless Starz, our thoughts are with you, Ginny.

Love and hugs, Teresa and Ricky

Comment

Thats sad Even though I didn't know Startz I feel for the owner I am so sorry. We have lost too many dogs this year. AM sorry for her loss.
            Marianne
            Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I've had several pets go to the rainbow bridge myself. I have that poem in my bedroom as it reminds me I'll see them again someday tails wagging.
              Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Although I never "met" Starz I feel your loss. Have lost too many of my furry babies myself.
                God's speed, Starz!

Best wishes
                Marion

Comment

Ginny,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Starz. Thankfully, it was quick and Starz was able to stay with you for so long.

Bonne and Crissy

Comment

Natalie,
                    Thanks for posting your note about Starz and all the comforting replies. Starz had been doing very well, and started with excessive thirst on Saturday, when the house was filled with family. I thought she had gotten a hold of a candy cane or some other sweet left within her reach. Her sugars were in the high 300's, where she never goes. I went to the Rx to get some Regular insulin. When I got back she had vomited a large amount of blood (~8 oz). We took her to pet emergency, and she went into cardiac arrest when they were trying to get an IV in her. The vet thinks she probably had stomach cancer, and that a vessel ruptured, based on the volume of blood. Starz always had a history of GI distress, with diarrhea at times needing treatment with antibiotics. Survival with treated stomach cancer is about 6 months, so I'm grateful that I did not need to make a treatment vs. end of life decision.

A very special bond develops with our diabetic dogs, and I miss Starz terribly. As strange as it sounds, I also miss our routine (that used to feel like a hassle sometimes). I put my hands on her box of insulin syringes this morning, and felt her affection. Fortunately, we have three other dogs, so I am still greeted by generous tail wagging. It's interesting to watch as the others adjust to her absence, and establish who's going to take Starz's Alpha position.

I have loved so many fur babies in this lifetime, and I have wonderful memories of each of them gifting me with their huge hearts. Every time a beloved pet crosses the rainbow bridge, they take a piece of my heart with them. As my heart is filled with their beautiful spirit, I hope to become as generous and loving as they have been.

Ginny Dudek

Comment

I hope that Lucie's owner can take in what it means to have a diabetic dog... That would be a fitting tribute to Starz.

Ginny, if you have a photo of Starz, I'd love to have it here. If need be, send it to me (it has to have a URL to post it here) and I'll set it up to display.

How old was Starz?

Natalie

Comment

I never figured out how to get her photo posted. I'll send one of her cute photo's as an attachement. Her photo is on our pet sitting website, that I need to update with the K9diabeltes link.
                        Thanks, Ginny

http://home.earthlink.net/~dudekpetcare/id15.html

Comment

There's a bit of a story about Starz at the link Ginny provided...

Nice to see a big picture of your beautiful girl.

Comment

She's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
                            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Ginny,
                              What a beautiful girl she was. I also enjoyed reading the short story about her. Starz video will continue to help people, what a great legacy she has left.
                              Jenny & Buddy

Comment

Working...
                              X