We said goodbye to Poppy yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We said goodbye to Poppy yesterday

Ugh. I'm so very very sorry for your loss. My hope is that your wonderful memories eventually give you more smiles than tears.

Tami
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. I'm sure Poppy knew she was much loved and will be patiently waiting to see her family in the hereafter.

You and yours have my deepest condolences and Godspeed to Poppy.
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. It is part of the deal when we decide to love them and give them the best life possible. We know that we will have to lose them, because their lives are so much shorter than ours. It is part of the deal that gives me pause each time that I have adopted, but ultimately I knew that I was making the hard choice for me and the best choice for them. Your love and tears will flow until only love remains. It is worth the price, I would still do it every time!! Peace be with you knowing that Poppy is always with you in spirit and you made her time here on earth a very wonderful one!!
        Cari the Cairn. 12 years old, weighing in at 10.4 lbs. 3U of Novolin N twice a day at meal time. Feed 1/3 c. Pure Balance Lamb and Brown Rice + 1 tsp pure pumpkin and 1 tblsp lean meat twice daily. Frozen green beans as treats for taking her bg's and insulin. She is my spunky little girl.

Comment

So very sorry to hear about Poppy. You gave Poppy a wonderful life and did all you could do! I commend you for making the unselfish choice and hope and pray I have the strength when I need it! Fly free, Poppy!
          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Sounds like Poppy had a wonderful life with you. May fond memories of Poppy help you through this difficult time. I'm so sorry for your loss.
            Holli
            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Ah... I'm sorry to learn that you had to say goodbye to Poppy. Even though you know it's the right thing to do, it hurts to much.

She was so clearly a cherished part of your family. And you must have done great with her diabetes.

Sending you a hug and a kiss skyward to Poppy...

Natalie

Comment

So sorry for your loss! Your experience sounds like where we are with Jasmine right now. I can empathize...I fear we'll be in your shoes soon. Run, Poppy, Run!

Comment

Oh I am so sorry that Poppy has crossed the rainbow bridge. May your memories of a younger, healthy Poppy help ease your pain.
                  Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. Time is the healer. Poppy is in a better place now. I have no doubt about that.
                    Miniature Schnauzer, named Scruff! My wife and I are retired and do a lot of traveling in our vintage VW Vanagon. Most recent trip was to Alaska, 2014. Scruff went along too!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind messages. Her loss has hit Mike and I like a tonne of bricks. I wasn't expecting to be so upset. I suppose it means we loved and cared for her very much.

Again thank you all for everything - feeding tips, injecting tips, bg measuring tips (inside lip was more tolerable than her ear), treats tips (she loved duck jerky), benefiber recommendation.

These forums helped me be better informed when dealing with our vets, who were also great.

It will take us a while to get over Poppy's loss.

Mags and Mike
                      Poppy, 12 year old, 11.5 lb terrier x, diagnosed March 9th '12. Caninsulin: 4.5 units AM & PM. Food: 75g Hills w/d, 1/2 tsp benefiber, glucosamine/chondroitin, 1dsp ground boiled turkey breast, 1 inch piece duck jerky twice daily.

Comment

• I also wanted to extend our deepest condolences to you and your family. I'm sure Poppy knew how much she was loved, and I hope her happy memories comfort you.
                        Sending cyber hugs your way and a kiss skyward for Poppy,

Audrey & Bazzle
                        Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

I'm so sorry to read about Poppy. I hope with time you are able to remember her with less tears and more smiles.

Praying for comfort and peace,
                          Mel and Vinny
                          Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this. i think it is so much harder than imagine to lose one of our sweet pups, because we care so deeply for them, not just with our hearts but all that we do to keep them healthy.

They leave HUGE holes in our hearts.

My deepest condolences
                            Barb
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
                            X