Jesse girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

Oh judi that was very nice that you brought dad in with you . My brother and his wife did that for my mom over 20 years ago and the nice thing she crossed over in her room that my sister inlaw and brother had built for her .

I more than likely wont have another pet anytime soon after jesse decides to take her leap skyward . My brother keeps saying you need to get another dog but I am getting older and less to be responsible for is better . I have a granddog named polo . I can get my dog fix through him and play with the grandkids which is a joy and go home when I am worn out

Thanks Judi for the happy thoughts
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

So sorry to hear about your mom and glad Jesse was there to help. Hugs and kisses to you both.
      Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Thanks daisdog

I never thought jesse would outlive my mom . She was visiting me when jesse went to hospital and this adventure began . We did not feel jesse would be around very long . I am glad Jesse and her got to know each other . Jesse liked grandmas non diabetic treats when we came up for a visit . An exception I made and it had little affect if any on her numbers

Mom lived a very long life in our family and relatively healthy except for arthritis . She was of sound mind to the end which was a blessing
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you heal and its great to have the company of a dog during these difficult times in life. They also help us heal...

I must commend you also on being such a great pet owner and person to persevere with a diabetic dog for such a long time. Im coming up on a year now on my dogs diabetes and am grateful my bear is pretty well regulated and doing well thanks to the help of you and several others on this site.

Kal

Comment

Thanks Kal

ITs support from family and friends and most importantly this forum that helps to accomplish great things .

Comment

I said goodbye to my best friend and my life partner representing a quarter of my life at 16.5 years . I picked her out of a litter of beagles because she ignored me and I said that's the dog for me as I admire independence . She was a christmas present for my kids but we know how that works out and Jesse became mine early on but the kids loved her and she loved them .

She became epileptic shortly after and became diabetic at 5 and stayed in hospital for 10 days and came home and I thought to die but she proved me wrong which she did on many occasions when I thought it was time for the end . I told the kids she would be part of the family and would go where we go and that was are moto . She went camping , vacations , little league practices and bike rides but that was her achilles heel as she got so lost one time It took a raven flying in the sky to find her . She went nose to nose with a coyote rattlesnake and pitbulls running loose with all of them not harming Jesse and actually it appeared to me that they were saying high .She had a sweetness about her that all animals and people just liked her at first glance .
              It was struggle to regulate her blood sugar and I did it on my own because a vet could not put the time into managing the disease in Jesse's case . I became her foremost expert on Jesse's diabetes and she lived over 11 years with the disease with no complications from it . Now the epilepsy did go into remission maybe 4 years ago but I believe it was a contributing factor to her CCD (canine cognitive disorder ) .

Jesse taught me how to really care for another in the true sense of the word . She taught me how to take a healthy approach for myself which I believe saved my life a premature death as I followed her lead with a superfood diet ( we actually ate the same things mostly ) . She helped me to understand medical stuff where I did not have a clue . I believe she contracted diabetes to make me a better person . That's how unselfish she always was .I will never be the same person when me and her were together . We all understand that when you lose a loved one they take a bit of you with them and a bit of your Identity is lost but that's how life is . We are constantly evolving throughout our life and these beautiful souls contribute to that and Jesse was the most beautiful.I hope to see that tail up and that hound dog howl chasing that white rabbit again in the afterlife my Jesse girl.

Thanks to this wonderful forum helping me to understand how to manage this disease so we could have a long wonderful life together.

Comment

Oh no... Jesse is the most amazing diabetic dog ever. So very sad to know that her time here with you has come to an end.

I would like to have met Jesse...

Sending you our love and a kiss skyward to your beautiful friend. I know how much you will miss her and the impact she's had on your life.

Natalie

Comment

So sorry that you have lost your beautiful Jesse. It’s amazing how caring for a diabetic dog can change your whole perspective on life. Jesse will be missed by all of us on the forum. With your help, she lived a good dog’s life.
                  Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                  Diabetes: Aug 2013
                  Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                  Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

I am so sorry to read Jesse has left for the Rainbow Bridge. It seems harder to release our furry friends the longer they are with us. May you find peace in knowing how much she wanted to stay.

Hugs,
                    Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

I am so sorry to hear Jessie crossed the rainbow bridge. I’m sure she was greeted and welcomed by all of our fur kids that have gone on from this world. Her long life and especially her having diabetes for 11 years is truly a testament to the love and care you gave her. May your beautiful memories of your girl bring you peace and put smile on your face as you remember the life you shared.

Comment

Awe Jessie girl. Run free beautiful girl.

Lets celebrate Jessies life our forum dog!

I.m glad Jessie stuck around for your mom.

Their alot of info on your Jessie for diabetic dog owners.

Take care during this time, were here for you

Love Mo
                        Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                        20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

You and Jesse definitely made an impact on my life and my Jenny's life. I love your philosophy of life and how you learned and adapted for your sweet girl. The Rainbow Bridge got a really good one with Jesse.

No one could understand how I'm sitting here sniffling for a dog and her human that I've never met but I am. I send you much much love and I know heaven is full of bunnies for Jesse to chase.

xoxo Judi
                          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I am feeling with you. I also get tears in my eyes for a dog and a owner I only read about on this forum. You took so much care of your friend. It's amazing!
                            I now know we made the right decizing to treat our dog when we first heared he had diabetes. Whilst the vet was looking at as with the qeustion : What do you want?. We got hopes up finding this forum and read that many dogs could live longer with diabetes. Where Jessy and you were leading the pack.
                            Thanks for not giving in all these years. And give us the hope we needed.

Love from the Netherlands: Bart en Annemieke
                            Last edited by Annemieke; 06-24-2021, 02:36 AM.
                            Bart is a Small Münsterlander, born 07-2011, 21 kg
                            Diabetes: okt 2019 Insulin: Vetsulin morning 6.5 and evening 6 units
                            Meter: Freestyle reader and Accucheck
                            Diet: Raw meat with 25% vegetables

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind words and condolences .

Comment

I started to cry as I was reading your post and am so sorry for your loss.

You and Jesse were such a beautiful team, overcoming obstacles and teaching us that many times it's okay to think outside the box- because it can and will work.

My heartfelt prayers to you along with much gratitude for your wisdom in the early days with my Daisy. Thank you for sharing Jesse with us.
                                Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Working...
                                X