Bella: our new rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bella: our new rescue!

Thanks! Don't let those eyes fool you, though! They get along fairly well most of the time. They are settling down now for a short afternoon nap. Gotta work on income tax today and tomorrow.

Mary
    Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
    Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
    Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
    Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

so stinking cute! almost makes me want another one (no!)
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Oh Mary,

She is a doll. If you need a pet sitter in NC, let me know.

Barb
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Judi and Barb, Bella has only two speeds: "on" and "off." Off doesn't last long! Might consider sending her to NC if she doesn't settle down as she grows up. Well, we HOPE she grows up! When does a puppy get to that point?

Mary
          Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her

Comment

She is quite lovely - so glad you are enjoying her. I have forgotten what puppies are like.

Amy
            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Originally posted by MaryLea View Post
              Judi and Barb, Bella has only two speeds: "on" and "off." Off doesn't last long! Might consider sending her to NC if she doesn't settle down as she grows up. Well, we HOPE she grows up! When does a puppy get to that point?

Mary
              Mary.... I think a good three years, is when they settle down. But then some just don't that then that is a good thing... :-).

Just is such cutie, how can you get upset at that face.

Barb

Comment

So cute Austin is closer than NC for bay sitting!
                Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Originally posted by jjefferjo View Post
                  So cute Austin is closer than NC for bay sitting!
                  No!! I had first dibs! :-)

Comment

Ha. Ha! Who said we get upset with her. You are right, she is so cute you can't get very mad at her. She really has a personality! Both of these two like to be near their humans as much as possible.

I have a story to tell which had a happy ending because of what we learned here through you. We have two (rescued) Yorkies now, but neither is diabetic. The other day, Squincey (the older one whom we've had longer) was not eating much, which is not unusual for him. Sometimes his tummy just won't let him eat it seems. During that day, he had eaten some boiled potato with some shredded cheese on top and maybe five to ten kibble. That evening he began trembling ever so slightly. Immediately, Leah went for the honey and rubbed some on his gums; waited a couple of minutes and gave him a little honey to eat. Within a short time, he was fine. We are convinced that his blood sugar dropped dangerously low, although we did not take time to test him. He's had days where he eats little, but this is the first time he's had symptoms of low blood sugar. We learned about honey on the gums through the great people here. We were not taught that by any of the vets we have used.

A special "thank you" to all of you here who taught us so much! You will always be a special group of friends to us.

Blessings,

Mary

PS: How can I get in touch with you in Austin, JJ? We are only several hours drive away!!! NC would take a little longer.

Comment

Working...
                    X