My Sweet Bagel in Heaven now..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sigh-Bagel having issues

I so feel for you and what you are going through with your sweet Bagel.

Enjoy every minute and file away those good moments for you to remember after the tears stop but the hole in your heart remains.

Take good care of yourself and your baby

Louise

Comment

a Good morning and good evening and a good night..
      Sounds like a good day Sande. Praying for more of those
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Let us know about the homeo goes sande. A good site to go to is Morris animal foundation. They are trying to find a cure for this disease and have lots of info. Beware it's not encouraging unfortunately but Informative. They are actually working on a vaccine that has showed some promise. Too late for us but hopeful for futures.
        Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Checking in on bagel

Comment

Well the Vet was very frank with me and i wanted her to be....I asked her how they usually get when it is time...and she said the appetite goes and the throwing up and all....

She did agree to come to my house when the time comes if I need her...THAT was comforting...

Bagel is doing fine on the FOUR MARVELS....I read about it...Seems it is good for the Cushings as well...

We had a great week...She sleeps a lot..but a very peaceful sleep and no groaning or restlessness...
            hard to believe there is anything wrong...
            sande

Comment

That is comforting Sande. I know it was a comfort that my vet was the one on the day we needed him. It's just nice when possible to have someone you know and knows your pup.

Glad to hear Bagel is doing fine and the Four Marvels is working. Praying for many more great weeks!
              Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

well I just wrote a book and i hit something and it disappeared...GRRRRR

We've had a restful weekend...I found an ew food called Stella and Chewy at the pet store..a pkg with freeze dried pure meat....patties....you can add water and make wet food or give as a treat...She LOVES it when I break it off and give it to her..the cat did too!! i got lamb but there are beef and chicken choices too...They have a website by the same name....about $12.00 for 12 patties but SHE EATS!!
                This morning about 7 AM her BGs were 438 so I made scrambled egg and ham and I gave her 23 units of insulin...he usual used to be 25 units...

At 4 PM she wanted to eat...I took her BGs and it said 64!!! I freaked!! her lowest ever in almost 4 yrs was 90!
                I fed her a meat pattie and a pork chop...I took it at 7 PM and it is 250..she just ate some more pork chop...and went to bed...
                I didn't give her any insulin when it was so low and now i don't know whether to give her a little or just let her sleep..
                ANY IDEAS????

Comment

Maybe she went low during the night. I would cut her dose back a few units but definitely give it to her once she is back to 100. Doggies that are having operations and have no food get half their dosage. I'd do what you feel safe with but would not skip the dose
                  Last edited by peggy0; 12-09-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

ok thanks...
                    I will wake her and give about 10 maybe....

Comment

How's she doing now Sande?

Comment

upper 400s this Am ate a great breakfast of ham and egg and pork chop...

tried to poop..not much there....I guess the cancer is eating her food?
                        She kept trying..finally came in and is asleep now,.....

I gave her 15 units and prayed that was a good amount.....

She slept well last night and therefore, so did I...
                        ;-)

Comment

She's eting a lot of protein. That typically cuts down on the waste. Glad she's ok

Comment

WOW thanks, Peggy....I need to go back to school..for ME....'
                            Her Bgs are low at 4;30 PM...I am being careful....not use to that....

Comment

You might try a spoonful of oatmeal or sweet potato at 2or 3ish if she will eat it. It may keep her even for a few hours. It's good carbs as well.

Comment

checking in on Bagel

Comment

Working...
                                X