X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pip collie lab x cushings arthritis

Hi

Just an update on Pip

We had to call the out of hours vet today as pip is in a total mess with this PSEUDOMANS INFECTION IN BOTH EARS.The read what the other vet put on friday when he was seen .my mum spoke to the vet as pip is vomiting and crying everytime we put the ear drops in. she said that Pip has a very very nasty ear infection unfortunalty we have to carry on with ear drops (and she understands how pianful and distress this is making pip )the reason it he does like the his ears being touched and and the ear drops in is because they are so red and imflammed all the way down to his his ear canal to the middle ear so its going to be very painful for pip. we have to carry on weith the drops and anti biotics as its importantto get this uneder control.
    the vet said pip may just sleep and want to be left alone as this infection is nasty and making him feel very poorly(she is right there he is just sleeping) i must wake him up for anti biotics and ear drops,
    it bank holiday here she will see him on tuesday and may be change his anti biotics mum said he was there on friday as they want to see him in 7 days
    she said would see him before and our normal vet could still see him on friday.
    Although Pip has cushings and other health problems i've never ever seen him so DISTRESS like this it's very heartbreaking to see my baby like this .
    Anyway i forgot to tell you pip now wieghs 35. kilos he gone from 36.9 to 35.kilos although i'm expecting him to put weight on as he's not doing anything other than sleep
    I've put some poicture on of Pip with honey , he was 4 years old there and onlt a kilo overwieght . so you may think he is slim .i will be putting some new photo of my chumky boy on shortly
    julie

Comment

Hi Julie,
      Sorry that Pip is feeling poorly. I hope the meds do their work fast and Pip starts to feel better soon. It is so hard to watch your baby suffer and know there is nothing you can do except meds and waiting.
      We will be keeping good thoughts for Pip's quick recovery.
      John (Roxee's Dad)

Comment

Hi Julie,

Sorry to hear that Pip is in a lot of pain from the ear infection. Hoping the medicine starts working soon and he can get some relief. Hugs to the two of you.
        Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Hi Julie,

I am so sorry Pip is suffering so with that ear infection! Scooter always had them and I know how painful they can be. He would cry even if you just touched his ear lightly sometimes. It was horrible.

The good news is that they did get better over time with medication. Unfortunately that's the only way the ears will get better...I wish there was another way...but please know that we are sending our very best and hope Pip gets some relief SOON!

Sending Pip lots of healing wishes!!!
          Beth, Bailey and always Scooter

Comment

Julie,

I'm sorry to hear that Pip is so miserable with his ear infection and understand how upsetting that is for you. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking positive thoughts for you both.

Louise
            Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Pip is still in some discomfort with his ears, still being sick today he's not eaten anything i've put in front of him.He just sleeping i manged to put the ear drops in again he was crying whimpering and he did a little scream still doesn't like his ears being touched . still carry on with the treat for pseudomonas may have to get him back tomorrow tried giving him his other medication didn;t want to know. Haven't be able to get him to take his VETORYL TODAY .but its only 1 day without medication .will hopefully take tomorrow even if i have to give him some chicken that if i can get him to eat.
              julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry that Pip is having another rough day. A dog that doesn't eat is usually a sick dog and you should never give Vetoryl to a sick dog. So you may want to wait until Pip's appetite is back before resuming dosing. We'll have fingers and paws crossed here in the hopes that Pip will feel much better soon.

Glynda

Comment

Thanks Glynda,

I can't get him to eat still and take his normal mediction ,Spoke with vet practice they just say this type of ear infection is very nasty.I said about Pip's ACTH STIM on friday this has be cancelled as the vet said he needs 2 week's clear of the ear drops All he'as doing in sleeping still drinking and vomiting .its really knocked out of him.

Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

I have been out of town and am sad to read that Pip is having such a hard time with his ears.

He needs some proteins to help him heal. Since he is drinking, maybe you could try some chicken broth or beef broth, or even make a stock using some veggies he likes along with some meat. This way he will get some nutrients he needs yet doesn't have to chew, which with painful ears may be too much for him right now. Try to get him to take some liquid nourishment until he can chew without pain. If he won't take that, then get some NutriCal. It will provide all the nutrients he needs.

Hope things start looking up for you and Pip again soon and that he is chasing cats again in no time!

Hugs,
                    Leslie and the girls
                    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence
                    and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." Anne, a Corgi mom

Comment

Hi Julie,
                      Just checking in and hoping Pip is recovering. Hope he is feeling better by now.
                      John (Roxee's Dad)

Comment

Just to keep you update on the latest with Pip

He went back to the vets on friday his ears a just a little pink although he's still not happy with his ears being touched, my vet said she could give him more ear drops but is steriod base and will effect his cushings. but ultimatly he will need his cushings test . she also said we could give him a gently ear cleaner to use every day to try and soothe them.when the vet looked in them on friday there was stiil no wax mite's.what the vet said try is 1 drop of olive oil 1 daily in both ears to see if that to see if that help soothes the irration and to give his ears a little coating.
                        he still not happy with his eares being touched he shaking his head and tilting which my vet saw on friday as i've already said there is nothing in them.the reason he was being sick was due to the anti biotics
                        My vet also said Pip has some sort of allergies which we will be looking into .(maybe ? ) not sure at the moment giving him time to get over the ear infection. i said to my vet he's had infection's before but this one has really taken it out of him
                        he still sleeping quite alot he started eating again on friday also taking his regular medication .

This morning he went for a walk and we had a nice stroll we went where he want to go (the only thing is he was a bit mad as he fancied to in the canal and i wouldn't let him so i spoiled his fun) but we where out for about 1hr 15mins.but i let him go where he wanted to go.

he is booked in for his ACTH stim on the 28th may as vet said about 3 weeks after ear drops
                        well that my news
                        julie pip

Comment

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update. Glad that Pip's ears are a little better and that he still feels like taking a stroll. This infection has certainly taken its toll on him, poor boy. Hope he fully recovers soon!!

Take care,
                          Louise
                          Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Hi Julie,
                            Very happy that you are seeing improvement in Pip. I hope he feel much better real soon.
                            John (Roxee's Dad)

Comment

Hi Julie,

I'm glad there has been some improvement with Pip's ears and that he felt like taking a walk with you. You tell him that Auntie Leslie said he can't play in the water until his ears are well. BUT, he can chase all the cats he wants.

Hugs,
                              Leslie and the girls
                              "May you know that absence is full of tender presence
                              and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." Anne, a Corgi mom

Comment

Thank you for all your replies

This morning Pip's ears were very red sore and hot does like them being touched again his shaking his head and also head tilting very badly you cold teel he was in some discomfort and they were making him irratable,
                                spoke to the vet nurse left a message for my vet who contact me back and has prescribed him the aurizon again for 1 week (HIS ATCH STIM HAS BEEN PUT BACK FOR THE 1 WEEK IN JUNE SOME HE HAS PLENTY OF TIME OF THE EAR DROPS)
                                Juile Pip

Comment

Working...
                                X