Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy's thread moved to Canine Diabetes Discussion

I couldn't resist pulling up Lucy's long history here and putting it on the diabetes page. First of all, she is still part of our family. And secondly, she is a wonderful example of a diabetic dog finding a great adoptive home plus the pictures of her chasing your other dog around the yard while blind are a good example of what a blind dog can do.

So Lucy is a very special diabetes ambassador.

Natalie

Comment

• Re: Might be seeing Lucy tomorrow!

Lucy will always have a special place in my heart.

I'm so glad that you got to see her again Rick!

Comment

• Here she is...

Went up to Anaheim Hills Petco with foster Bo-Bo for the weekly love4www.canines.org adoption event.
        Plenty of Cattle Dogs. While Love4canines is an all breed rescue Laura seems to get a lot of Cattle Dogs.

This little red pup was adopted.

This is Hurricane Nelson.

This is Phoenix.

Yet another Cattle Dog. Can't recall the name.

Last but not least... Her Royal Highness... LUCY! Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and all the people who saved her life. She's a special girl indeed.

Comment

Wow...what great pictures! And Lucy with her big brown eyes...
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
            So Lucy is a very special diabetes ambassador.

Natalie
            Especially since people on three different websites are responsible for saving her life.

Comment

What a cute crew!! Hurrican Nelson is very handsome.

It is great to lay eyes on Lucy... and just to catch up a bit with you Rick. I hope you and yours are well.

Although we had a lot of people who could contribute money to get Lucy to a new life, no amount of money would have saved her if Rick hadn't been there to take her in. That was the thing that made Lucy's rescue work and I am eternally grateful to you Rick for being there for her.

Natalie

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Lucy and to Rick, her foster papa.

Natalie

Comment

Merry christmas rick and lucy!!!
                  Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

• Re: Rick and Lucy, our rescued cattle dog

I get ticked off all over again rereading the lies they put out there to get Lucy out of their life as quickly as possible once she couldn't produce any more cash for them. First it was supposedly the cost... oh wait, that's not it. It's that I'm a single parent... oh, wait, turns out I have a wife! Okay, it's that I travel too much... with two young children in school... um...

Comment

• Happy Gotcha Day! 3 years today!

3 years ago today Lucy joined her forever family!
                      I give thanks every day for Lucy's Syndicate that saved her life and for Lucy's forever family Dr. David & Connie.

She's doing great. Got this photo today.

Rick

Comment

Hurray hurray hurray for happy happy happy endings!!!!!!!
                        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Yippppeeee! Is always SO great to get such wonderful news! Lucky, lucky puppy! Congrats on your anniversary! She's so beautiful! Thanks for letting us in on a little bit of your happiness! Hugs!!!!
                          Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

• Re: Happy Gotcha Day! 3 years today!

rick so great to hear from you and to see beautiful Lucy!!!!! glad its such a happy tale
                            Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

I just finished reading the whole thread about Lucy. WOW

I started off by wanting to cry, then rejoiced and was thankful for <angels< like Rick and the many people who contributed to her rescue, then more tears but this time, tearsof joy seeing this beautiful Lucy.

Thank you Natalie for bringing this thread back up.

Louise

Comment

What a great photo, Rick! Happy Anniversary to Lucy and her team of angels!!
                                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
                                X