Border collie Jack passed away on February 28, 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Border collie Jack

We had Jack at the vet in March or April to have a small skin tag removed. Just listening through the stethoscope, the vet felt like the heart murmur was still stage 2 so hadn't progressed drastically. We will see the cardiologist next month for a more formal check.

Generally, Jack's been doing well. Going on long walks with Jeff every day. Now I'm stale bread as far as Jack's concerned! LOL

Natalie

Comment

good to hear jack is still doing quite well and enjoying a dogs life
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

"Stale bread" - I'm so going to use this one... LOL!

Glad he's doing well!
        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

When is the cardiology appt Natalie! Have any new pics of your handsome boy?
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I need to make the appointment this month... have been procrastinating. No news is not bad news...

Need to download some pics from my phone. No shortage of those.

Natalie

Comment

Hello Natalie!

Good sign that jack is doing well, hope he will be okay soon. Good luck for your check up Jack

Comment

Awe, love when a phone is filled with dog pics
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Hello Natalie,

How's jack now? Is he okay now? there's any improvements? Keep us update okay.

Comment

We have an appointment on the 8th, and I'm worried as he has seemed very tired the past two weeks. Hoping it's just the heat, but he's in a thoroughly cooled house all day so am anxious.

Natalie

Comment

oh Natalie, I will be thinking of your Jack. I hope your instincts are wrong. Judi
                      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I hate that uneasy feeling. Jack is lucky to have you. Fingers crossed for good news at his appointment.

Keep us posted. Look forward to seeing updated Jack pictures.
                        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

hope jack is ok

fingers ans paws crossed
                          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Hope everything is ok with Jack with your appointment today. When you get a chance update us.

Barb
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

We are much relieved that all the news about Jack's heart was good. Jack has been subdued lately - pretty much slept through some really loud and long fireworks in the neighborhood over the weekend among other things - and both Jeff and I were really anxious about this visit.

But all the news as good. The valve leak is basically unchanged, no enlargement of the heart, and the taurine and CoQ10 supplements have helped strengthen his heart muscle - the contractions of his heart were stronger. So we heave a huge sigh of relief and stick with what we are doing.

Natalie

Comment

so nice to read about good news! whew
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X