• jesse girl
    replied
    Re: Border collie Jack

sounds like a good time for all . ice cream sounds delicious

Leave a comment:

• k9diabetes
    replied

He got a small dish of butter pecan ice cream (none of the nuts tho) and a "Ginormous Squirrel Stump" - six squeaky squirrels in a foot-tall plush tree stump.

He already had the smaller version from a few years ago but most of those squirrels didn't squeak anymore.

I wrapped it in brown paper and digging it out was almost as fun for him as the toy itself.

Natalie

Leave a comment:

• Patty
    replied

Happy Birthday/Adoption Day to you Jack!!!!
    Hope you get a great new toy or snack out of the deal

Leave a comment:

• Abby's Mom
    replied

Happy Birthday / Adoption day. You could not have found a better keeper, than Natalie... That is for sure.

Lucky Jack

Barb

Leave a comment:

• momofdecker
    replied

Happy birthday, Jack. Wishing you many more years of celebration and snuggles.

Leave a comment:

• bgdavis
    replied

Happy Birthday/Adoption Day, Jack! Hard to believe it's been 6 years. Natalie takes great care of you and you of her!

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Leave a comment:

• Soaphie & Sydney's Mom
    replied

What a great story Natalie! Happy happy happy birthday Mr. Jack!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Monsters Momma
    replied

Aww, Happy Birthday Jack!! And many happy returns!!

Leave a comment:

• Judi
    replied

Happy Birthday Jack! And what a lucky day for you when you found these humans as yours!

Leave a comment:

• buddingartist
    replied

What a sweet birthday note to your boy Jack

Happy Birthday Jack. Keep snuggling.... they love it

Louise

Leave a comment:

• jesse girl
    replied

happy birthday jack your still just a young pup and having fun

you guys make a great family glad you made that step natalie

Leave a comment:

• k9diabetes
    replied

Dear Jack,

Happy Birthday (6 years old) and Adoption Day!!

Five years ago on October 13, 2008, I first laid eyes on you literally dragging an SPCA volunteer across the street to their Thrift Store, where I was meeting the adoption coordinator and meeting you!

Jeff came over and we walked you down the street a bit and you paid absolutely no attention to us! I confess I was a little worried about whether you would bond but the SPCA coordinator promised me you warmed up quickly once you got settled in. And you did.

Now... good grief, you want nothing but our attention! LOL You're snuggly even.

We adore you buddy and are so glad you came into our lives.

Natalie

Leave a comment:

• eyelostit
    replied

Poor Jack, it's sad he can't get around & run, he's in a good place with you.

Leave a comment:

• Soaphie & Sydney's Mom
    replied

Love those pictures....talk about "focus"...

Leave a comment:

• k9diabetes
    replied

Dolly, I'm pretty sure, at least in that picture, that he's saying "Please put the scary noisy disruptive vacuum cleaner away and bring me a Greenie!!!"

I don't think Jack has allergies, though you never know. Our diabetic, Chris, definitely suffered from arthritis-like symptoms in response to allergies. He eats a highly varied diet.

Certain kinds of exercise make him sore and long periods of exercise also. He has been that way since we adopted him. He also has really loose joints. His back paws often fold 90 degrees so they are resting on the dew pad. He may structurally just have problems that aren't identifiable.

I personally think there is something with Jack's back right hip/spine. It's always the one that develops a limp. We know he has two bad disks in his back but they aren't necessarily the cause of the pain, or may contribute to that along with another cause.

I need to capture his look on video when he's staring intently at Jeff while Jeff eats cheese or peanut butter... so intense and so cute at the same time.

Natalie

Natalie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X