Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Border collie Jack

Happy birthday to Jack!
    Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Happy birthday, Jack!!!!!!!!!!!
      Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Go Jack! How is he doing?
        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

yay for ice cream! Happy Birthday Jack!
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Happy Birthday/Adoption Day, Jack! Hope you have many, many more!

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

jesse likes ice cream to but only gets to lick the bowl

happy birthday jack sounds like a good time for all
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Lucky Jack! Happy seven year celebration! Sounds like he had a wonderfully spoiled day - just as it should be.

Kinser never had ice cream when Decker was around. We honestly don't eat it much at home, and because Decker could not handle being out in public settings neither dog got to go when we did go to a local ice cream stand. The last year or so Kinser's gotten to enjoy that experience and now every time he gets in the car he expects to go for ice cream and vocally expresses his displeasure if that's not where he goes. Toby loves ice cream too but I think he might like all the kids that come with ice cream stands as much as he likes the ice cream itself.

Wishing you and Jack many more years of celebration (and ice cream treats).
                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Jack, ... you couldn't have done better with your choice of a human.

Many, many more for you!
                  Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Woohoo!
                    Happy Birthday to you Jack!!! Wishing you many, many more!
                    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes for our boy and for asking about him Tami.

Jack's doing well. His back has been stable for the past couple of years.

This year his only health adventure was cutting his foot on something during a wade in the river, right on the side of a toe. Because of where it was, it wasn't healing up properly so he we took him in after a week and he got four stitches (and a nail trim while he was sedated...) and two weeks of rest and a sock on his foot, and then it healed up nicely.

This is him this year, checking to see what I might be getting out of the fridge.

Comment

Sorry late Happy Birthday for Jack.
                        Ben wgt. 45 lbs. Puggle diagnosed 1/15/14 Hills Science Diet W/D with smaller topper of wet Novalin-N 13 units b.i.d.

Comment

That's an awesome picture and sure screams "I'm a wild border collie that will keep you on your toes!"
                          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Love the picture!
                            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post
                              That's an awesome picture and sure screams "I'm a wild border collie that will keep you on your toes!"
                              Aw, Happy Birthday Jack!

Boy did he hit the Jack (ha-ha) pot. Admittedly there are so many unlucky dogs out there, but these ones like Jack with high energy needs and Ruby high medical needs...sometimes they just land in exactly the right spot.

Really glad to hear he is enjoying good health lately. It is such a struggle when the young ones have pain.

I remember when I was training and was going to do a session with a Border Collie cross. I told my husband I was going to work with a dog who might very well be smarter then I was.

Tara
                              Tara in honor of Ruby.
                              She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                              Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Just catching up on Jack's thread.

He sure looks good and so happy to read that his back is no longer as much a problem as it was a few years back.

Belated happy birthday and adoption day Jack

Louise

Comment

Working...
                                X